Forum search doesn't work for me

The right place to ask questions, make suggestions and complains about the forum !
Quantumpanda

Forum search doesn't work for me

Post by Quantumpanda »

I was trying to determine whether the technical support questions for GraphicConverter I have had already been posted, and was unable to actually do a search of the forums. No matter what I search for, whether it’s a straight search or uses advanced search options, just a single board or the entire forum, it always returns, "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words:" followed by all the words in my search query.

I don't know if this is a configuration problem on your end, or an issue in phpBB itself, but it's making it difficult for me to avoid posting support questions that have already been addressed. I have questions that I need addressed, but I don't want to ask questions that have already been answered. Please look into this! Thanks!
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Forum search doesn't work for me

Post by forum_adm »

Which search terms did you enter?

I use the default phpBB config.
Quantumpanda

Re: Forum search doesn't work for me

Post by Quantumpanda »

Well, I started with "browser sort", because the issue I was looking up is one relating to sorting in the browser. When that failed, I tried a variety of variations, all of which failed the same way. Now, I'll grant that because this is GraphicConverter we're talking about, any of these terms could be "common", but this error is usually reserved for searching on words like "and" or "to". The last one I tried, the one that convinced me that the problem is in the search function and not my searches, was "does this search even work". Every single query resulted in the same error.