[Solved] Three Forum Feature Requests

The right place to ask questions, make suggestions and complains about the forum !
JamesInSanDiego

[Solved] Three Forum Feature Requests

Post by JamesInSanDiego »

:arrow: I hope this is the correct location to make a Feature Request but it would be nice to have a Forum Section dedicated to Feature Requests.

:arrow: A How-to Section with solutions for common issues/questions about how to do something in GraphicConverter. For example: Only occasionally I want to stretch text on a page and for the life of me cannot remember which keys to press to accomplish it. I would imagine this section could be a rich source of user examples and solutions.

:arrow: There could be a How-to section on formatting postings (BBCode?) . I would have liked to make this a bulleted list but I don't know how.
27" iMac 14,2 (late 2013) 3.5 GHz i7 24 GB RAM 3 TB Fusion Drive macOS High Sierra 10.13.2
13" MacBook Pro 14,2 (2017 Touch Bar) 3.3 GHz i5 16 GB RAM 512 GB SSD macOS Mohave 10.14 beta
iPad Pro 128 GB iOS 12.0 beta
iPhone X iOS 12.0 beta
macvf

Re: Three Forum Feature Requests

Post by macvf »

Forum info.png
Forum info.png (115.55 KiB) Viewed 5763 times
I hope this is the correct location to make a Feature Request
It was not exactly at the right place ;) as it was in GraphicConverter > General Discussion, so I have move it at the right place here : Forum Informations > Discussion. Before posting just look the Category name [1], then to the goal of the sub-forum by looking to its name [2] and at least the description related to it [3]. Please also read the You have currently the following categories :
  1. Forum Informations : Contains the following sub-forums :
    1. About this forum : Contains topics related to the "How to" use the forum by giving some example. Please read them carefully, if something is missing, please create a topic in the Forum Informations > Discussion sub-forum in order to make a request. This sub-forum is read-only in order to maintain it as clear as possible.
    2. Discussions : Contains all the topics related to the forum (only) : your questions, suggestions and...complain (if any :D).
    3. Poll : Contains all the polls that you can create if you want to launch a debate and get the members opinion. See the topic here to read how to create them.
  2. GraphicConverter : Contains the following sub-forums :
    1. News : Contains all the news related to beta and final versions of GraphicConverter. This sub-forum is read-only in order to maintain it as clear as possible. For any comments please create a topic in the GraphicConverter > General discussion sub-forum that is dedicated for that.
    2. General Discussion : Contains all the topics related to suggestions or comments that is not related to a technical problem and dedicated to GraphicConverter.
    3. Technical support : Contains all the topics related to problems your are facing when using GraphicConverter. When the problems are solved this makes also a good place to find "How to's" this is also the goal of the forum in making a knowledge database for old and new members, as a simple digest doesn't keep the info in the duration.
  3. CADintosh: Contains the following sub-forums :
    1. News : Contains all the news related to beta and final versions of CADintosh. This sub-forum is read-only in order to maintain it as clear as possible. For any comments please create a topic in the CADintosh > General discussion sub-forum that is dedicated for that.
    2. General Discussion : Contains all the topics related to suggestions or comments that is not related to a technical problem and dedicated to CADintosh.
    3. Technical support : Contains all the topics related to problems your are facing when using CADintosh. When the problems are solved this makes also a good place to find "How to's" this is also the goal of the forum in making a knowledge database for old and new members, as a simple digest doesn't keep the info in the duration.
  4. EXIFSync : Contains the following sub-forums :
    1. News : Contains all the news related to beta and final versions of EXIFSync. This sub-forum is read-only in order to maintain it as clear as possible. For any comments please create a topic in the EXIFSync > General discussion sub-forum that is dedicated for that.
    2. General Discussion : Contains all the topics related to suggestions or comments that is not related to a technical problem and dedicated to EXIFSync.
    3. Technical support : Contains all the topics related to problems your are facing when using EXIFSync. When the problems are solved this makes also a good place to find "How to's" this is also the goal of the forum in making a knowledge database for old and new members, as a simple digest doesn't keep the info in the duration.
  5. FontBook : Contains the following sub-forums :
    1. News : Contains all the news related to beta and final versions of FontBook. This sub-forum is read-only in order to maintain it as clear as possible. For any comments please create a topic in the FontBook > General discussion sub-forum that is dedicated for that.
    2. General Discussion : Contains all the topics related to suggestions or comments that is not related to a technical problem and dedicated to FontBook.
    3. Technical support : Contains all the topics related to problems your are facing when using FontBook. When the problems are solved this makes also a good place to find "How to's" this is also the goal of the forum in making a knowledge database for old and new members, as a simple digest doesn't keep the info in the duration.
Philippe

French GraphicConverter localizer since 1994
Mac V.F. manager
French GraphicConverter forum administrator
English GraphicConverter forum administrator
macvf

Post by macvf »

but it would be nice to have a Forum Section dedicated to Feature Requests.
Please feel free to create a new topic here in Forum Informations > Discussions.
NewTopic.png
NewTopic.png (51.57 KiB) Viewed 5760 times
Philippe

Mac V.F. manager
macvf

Post by macvf »

A How-to Section with solutions for common issues/questions
Please ask your questions in the Technical Support sub forum of GraphicConverter.
When the answer is given the Topic will mention [Solved] indicating that the answer was given and that it can be now used as a "How to"
Philippe

Mac V.F. manager
macvf

Post by macvf »

I would have liked to make this a bulleted list but I don't know how.
Please follow this "How to" to create a bullet list.
Please follow this "How to" to create an ordered list.
Please follow this "How to" to create an advanced ordered list.

As this forum is not dedicated to BBCode Coding we only give some basis so that every one can post easily using this basic tools. Otherwise you may find some more advanced infos here.
Philippe

Mac V.F. manager