Color shifts after save and during batch size change

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Frank H

Color shifts after save and during batch size change

Post by Frank H »

Hello,This was an issue I wrote directly to  lemke.com as it included several graphic files. I am posting it here sans the images for the benefit of others that might have the same problem.  Note: I never had this problem before and do not remember changing this status, though might have, hence the mystery.  Now I know of this preference setting.That corrected the problem, thanks!Anyone want to venture an answer as to when you would use the below setting?Frank H._____________________________________Begin forwarded message:-----------------------------------------------------------------From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Subject: Re: Color shifts after save and during batch size changeCorrect. Uncheck the merge color profile.Thorsten Von: Frank H <netwkfh@gmail.com>Ahhh, These are the incorrect settings?<graphic from Preferences> Open> Correct and Save>  "merge current color profile into image meta data"Thorsten Lemke wrote:Hello,The color profiles are different. Did you maybe select: Merge color profile?Thorsten(important note: please always include this complete email in your reply)-----------------------------------------------------------------Von: Frank H <netwkfh@gmail.com>Datum: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 01:11:47 -0700An: <lemke@lemkesoft.com>Betreff: Color shifts after save and during batch size changeHello,I am having a problem with batch conversions.  The color is shifting whensizeis changed and I have checked the preferences but do not see where I mighthave a setting incorrect.There is also a problem with a rich/electric blue in a photo that whencontrast gamma etc. are changed looks fine in the preview (adjustmentwindow),but when saved changes to a purpleish color.Your assistence is very apprecieated, and thank you in advance for your time.The images (examples) in question are below in order of mention above.Frank H.