Re: iPhoto and GC

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
MCS

Re: iPhoto and GC

Post by MCS »

In regard to iPhoto, you can of course use GC instead to organize, tweak and so on, as well as your slide show stuff. I have used GC since 2003 for all photo uses, as I do not want photos in some nebulous file system in iPhoto where I can't get them very easily when I want them, and I don't like "album software made easy" much. I like a nice file tree with my own declination of sub folders. I have been doing that on a PC for so many years, and have done it on the Mac since I bought one. The new iPhoto has it's uses, and to me they are just for fun. I do import some pics into iPhoto and use that as my file full of desktops....and for the odd slideshow with music to amuse myself. The newer features are O.K. and good for the rank beginner or one who just doesn't want to mess with computer stuff, but for all the rest, and my photo storage, it's GC, file trees with subfolders (I am organized and find a mess in my files repellent anyway, maybe due to a rigid mind and a career as a library cataloger) and easily retrievable files. M:) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"If everyone played the ukulele, the world would be a better place!" --Jake Shimabukuro