Text Wrapping

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gary

Text Wrapping

Post by Gary »

Hi, All, I'm running a 2008 MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.8.2, 4GB RAM, Graphic Converter 8.3.1 (1029). When I use the Text Tool to input text, the text autowraps after about 25 characters. I have resized the text box and trashed the prefs but still cannot get the text to remain on one line. I searched the Lemke Software FAQ files but didn't see anything that pertains to this condition. Any information on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
thorstenlemke

Re: Text Wrapping

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please trash the prefs.Thorsten On 18.10.2012, at 16:27, "Gary" <macintoshman2@verizon.net> wrote:   Hi, All, I'm running a 2008 MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.8.2, 4GB RAM, Graphic Converter 8.3.1 (1029). When I use the Text Tool to input text, the text autowraps after about 25 characters. I have resized the text box and trashed the prefs but still cannot get the text to remain on one line. I searched the Lemke Software FAQ files but didn't see anything that pertains to this condition. Any information on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Gary Estler

Post by Gary Estler »

Guten tag, Thorsten.You may have overlooked my comment that I I did do that but I did it again anyway just to be sure. I restarted GC and got the same result – the text wrapped to the next line about 2/3 of the way across the width of the picture. I reduced the font size and the text continued on the same line until approximately the same distance across the picture. This behavior is not tied to a single photo; it acts the same way in every photo I attempt to add text.From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:30 PMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Text Wrapping  Hello,please trash the prefs.ThorstenOn 18.10.2012, at 16:27, "Gary" <macintoshman2@verizon.net> wrote:   Hi, All, I'm running a 2008 MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.8.2, 4GB RAM, Graphic Converter 8.3.1 (1029). When I use the Text Tool to input text, the text autowraps after about 25 characters. I have resized the text box and trashed the prefs but still cannot get the text to remain on one line. I searched the Lemke Software FAQ files but didn't see anything that pertains to this condition. Any information on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
Michael Temkin

Post by Michael Temkin »

It's happened to me in the past as well.  I used multiple textboxes.Michael. On Oct 18, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Gary Estler <macintoshman2@verizon.net> wrote:   Guten tag, Thorsten.You may have overlooked my comment that I I did do that but I did it again anyway just to be sure. I restarted GC and got the same result – the text wrapped to the next line about 2/3 of the way across the width of the picture. I reduced the font size and the text continued on the same line until approximately the same distance across the picture. This behavior is not tied to a single photo; it acts the same way in every photo I attempt to add text.From: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:30 PMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Text Wrapping  Hello,please trash the prefs.ThorstenOn 18.10.2012, at 16:27, "Gary" <macintoshman2@verizon.net> wrote:  Hi, All, I'm running a 2008 MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.8.2, 4GB RAM, Graphic Converter 8.3.1 (1029). When I use the Text Tool to input text, the text autowraps after about 25 characters. I have resized the text box and trashed the prefs but still cannot get the text to remain on one line. I searched the Lemke Software FAQ files but didn't see anything that pertains to this condition. Any information on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
vanherkgerard

Post by vanherkgerard »

Hello,Did you ever get it working? Because, I now have exactly this problem! (GC 8.8.3 on a Retina 13 in.). Trashing the prefs (just 2 in the user Lib's preferences folder) did not help. Strangely enough, on an other, exactly simlar Mac, I don't see that problem!? There should be a preference for "right margin" within a text box, which I don't seem to find.. (how to show screen shots?)Help!Thanks..Gerard
blatant_rogue

Post by blatant_rogue »

It’s suddenly happening to me to with GC 9.7.5.  However large the text box is, and whatever size the font is, text starts wrapping at the same point.New documents, restarting GC, nothing seems to help.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,that looks like corrupted prefs.Please trash them with the First Aid tool:Download nowThorsten It’s suddenly happening to me to with GC 9.7.5.  However large the text box is, and whatever size the font is, text starts wrapping at the same point.New documents, restarting GC, nothing seems to help.