Layout function back in v8?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
animated.greg

Layout function back in v8?

Post by animated.greg »

I like the Layout function and so even though I own GC 7, I tend to use 6.7.4. I 'll use the Layout function, then just continue to use that version because it's open. Hope you haven't given up on re-adding it to GC. Greg
dknodel@swbell.net

Re: Layout function back in v8?

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

IIRC is still there but is different name/function in v8Perhaps Thorsten will refresh our memories…I am back to 7.5.2 because 8.x seems to take forever to complete tasks…DavidFrom: "animated.greg" <animated.greg@yahoo.com>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Friday, December 7, 2012 5:12 PMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: [gcmac] Layout function back in v8?   I like the Layout function and so even though I own GC 7, I tend to use 6.7.4. I 'll use the Layout function, then just continue to use that version because it's open. Hope you haven't given up on re-adding it to GC. Greg
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, did you try to trash the prefs? What takes long?Thorsten On 08.12.2012, at 01:15, "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote: IIRC is still there but is different name/function in v8Perhaps Thorsten will refresh our memories…I am back to 7.5.2 because 8.x seems to take forever to complete tasks…
dknodel@swbell.net

Post by dknodel@swbell.net »

Mostly deleting an image or changing sort order.Trashed prefs of course until I'm blue-in-the face resetting my preferences.Umm 6,0000+ images in main folder?  I'm lazy about file management…DavidFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Friday, December 7, 2012 11:43 PMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Layout function back in v8?   Hello,hmm, did you try to trash the prefs? What takes long?ThorstenOn 08.12.2012, at 01:15, "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:IIRC is still there but is different name/function in v8Perhaps Thorsten will refresh our memories…I am back to 7.5.2 because 8.x seems to take forever to complete tasks…
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - that are really a lot of files for one folder.Did you try to increase the preview cache in the prefs?Thorsten On 08.12.2012, at 07:13, "dknodel@swbell.net" <dknodel@swbell.net> wrote:   Mostly deleting an image or changing sort order.Trashed prefs of course until I'm blue-in-the face resetting my preferences.Umm 6,0000+ images in main folder?  I'm lazy about file management…DavidFrom: Thorsten Lemke <lemke@lemkesoft.de>Reply-To: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Date: Friday, December 7, 2012 11:43 PMTo: <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [gcmac] Layout function back in v8?