Suggestion for new feature: Sort mode

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
csterndk0862

Suggestion for new feature: Sort mode

Post by csterndk0862 »

Occasionally I get a bunch of images which I would like to order in a different way than what they are. What I do now is I use the rename feature and giv all images new names with increasing index suffix with a step size of 5. Then I manually rename the image (e.g. IMG-055.jpg) for which I want to reorder to a name (e.g. IMG-022.jpg) which is between two images (e.g. IMG-020.jpg and IMG-025.jpg) so the order is correct (IMG-020.jpg, IMG-022.jpg, IMG-025.jpg) What I suggest is a drag-and-drop approach: If in the rename menu I could select drag-and-drop sort with index (prefix or suffix), then the browser should allow me to drag and drop images to make the correct order and when I select "done" all the images should be renamed according to the index rule I select. In the example above I would simply drag IMG-055.jpg and drop it between IMG-020.jpg and IMG-025.jpg and when I click done all the images will have new names reflecting the correct order. I think such a feature would be quite unique and very useful. The dag and drop should also include the option to move a selection of (not nesscesarily adjacent) images to a new posiion in the order. If my explanation is unclear I'd be happy to elaborate. Thanks for a great program! Claus