About Exif and the shooting date and time

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Ermanno Polli

About Exif and the shooting date and time

Post by Ermanno Polli »

I was reading the "EXIF File Creation Time Shifts w/ Time Zone Change" thread. Since this thread is related to EXIF and the shooting date/time, too, but involves the way the algorithm chooses the GPS date/time to insert in the photo, I'd better open a new thread. Here it is. In one of my recent shooting walk, i took a set (a couple, actually) of photos at a same subject. In GC I opened the correlated GPX file, selected all the photos and then applied the gpx date, as I do usually. BTW.. Why there is no more progress bar or something, while applying the date? I don't know when the operation has done. Looking at the place Google Earth places the photo on its map, I see, about that couple of pictures, the the first photo is correctly placed and the second, shoot less of a minute later, is placed several meters away. Well. I can figure that the photo date/time ended in between two consecutive set of GPS data and the algorithm choose the second, thus placing the photo in the wrong place. In this case the best choice is to choose the first set, where I shoot the first photo. I looked for a setting for this behavior, but I found nothing. Is there a way, or is it worth to be inserted in the wish list? Thanx a lot! Ciao, Ermanno