[ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mike.bailey48

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030

Post by mike.bailey48 »

You mentioned above there would be a 2 week delay due to technical issues. Has the AppStore version 9.7.1 update been sent to Apple yet for review & approval? if so, when do you anticipate it being available for download via the AppStore?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,Apple did reject again.So, two more weeks.Just e-mail your receipt to lemke@lemkesoft.de and I will issue a license for the normal version.Thorsten You mentioned above there would be a 2 week delay due to technical issues. Has the AppStore version 9.7.1 update been sent to Apple yet for review & approval? if so, when do you anticipate it being available for download via the AppStore?
martha0z

Post by martha0z »

Attachments :Screenshot-CMI list 2016-06-16.pngI'm having the same problem, but with version 9.7.5, after installing version 10 a few days ago. I've been in touch with Thorsten by email but still can't find the solution so I thought I'd try the group.I've scoured my computer and removed all the GC plugins I can find and restarted the computer dozens of times, but nothing works.Maybe it's an issue with contextual menu items? Whenever I right-click on an image file I get a list of items with "Services" at the bottom, which produces a sub-menu with several items named "GraphicConverter: ...". They are actually two duplicate groups of items with the same names. The first group opens GC 9.7.5 and the second group opens GC 10.I'd like to remove the ones related to GC 9 but I can't locate them anywhere in the computer. I've attached a screenshot of the GC contextual menu itemsMartha
thorstenlemke

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030 [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Martha,did you try to uninstall with the First Aid tool and to reinstall after that?Thorsten
martha0z

Post by martha0z »

I started to do just that a few days ago but when I discovered the First Aid tool trashed all the related files for both versions (9.7.6 and 10) I aborted the uninstall and put them back so I wouldn't have to do all the work of setting up preferences & all again.But since I've been fiddling with this for days and getting nowhere, I decided to go ahead and get rid of everything. It worked, but I only uninstalled 9.7.6 because that's all I wanted to do. I did some testing with version 10 just now and it's working fine so now all I have to do is set it up the way I had it before.Thanks.
martha0z

Post by martha0z »

Dear Thorsten,I was going through the trash after uninstalling GC 9.7.5 and I find several automator actions in there, removed by the First Aid tool.Add Remove Margins.actionAutolevel.actionConvert into JPEG.actionetc. Total of 13.Are these needed for GC 10? Martha---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <mhobartb@...> wrote :I started to do just that a few days ago but when I discovered the First Aid tool trashed all the related files for both versions (9.7.6 and 10) I aborted the uninstall and put them back so I wouldn't have to do all the work of setting up preferences & all again.But since I've been fiddling with this for days and getting nowhere, I decided to go ahead and get rid of everything. It worked, but I only uninstalled 9.7.6 because that's all I wanted to do. I did some testing with version 10 just now and it's working fine so now all I have to do is set it up the way I had it before.Thanks.
Brian Mason

Post by Brian Mason »

I'm guessing, but try this:Go to System Preferences under the Apple MenuGo to KeyboardGo to ShortcutsIn the left panel click on ServicesLook and see what has been checked on the right panel.Is this where the problem is?Brian. On Jun 18, 2016, at 3:01 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Martha,did you try to uninstall with the First Aid tool and to reinstall after that?Thorsten<GraphicConverter First Aid.dmg>I'm having the same problem, but with version 9.7.5, after installing version 10 a few days ago. I've been in touch with Thorsten by email but still can't find the solution so I thought I'd try the group.I've scoured my computer and removed all the GC plugins I can find and restarted the computer dozens of times, but nothing works.Maybe it's an issue with contextual menu items? Whenever I right-click on an image file I get a list of items with "Services" at the bottom, which produces a sub-menu with several items named "GraphicConverter: ...". They are actually two duplicate groups of items with the same names. The first group opens GC 9.7.5 and the second group opens GC 10.I'd like to remove the ones related to GC 9 but I can't locate them anywhere in the computer. I've attached a screenshot of the GC contextual menu itemsMartha
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Martha,no, that are old version 6 actions.GC9 and GC10 do have them inside the application package.Thorsten Dear Thorsten,I was going through the trash after uninstalling GC 9.7.5 and I find several automator actions in there, removed by the First Aid tool.Add Remove Margins.actionAutolevel.actionConvert into JPEG.actionetc. Total of 13.Are these needed for GC 10? Martha
martha0z

Post by martha0z »

Thanks for the tip. It didn't solve the GraphicConverter problem but now I know where to find the services.