[ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released the new version today at Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser, Batch Conversion, Metadata and more on your Mac Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser... Latest additions GraphicConverter 2015-06-10 GraphicConverter 9.7 (Build 2030) 2015-04-06 GraphicConverter 9.6.1 (Build 1854) 2015-03-10 GraphicConverter 9.... View on www.lemkesoft.com Preview by Yahoo The Mac App Store version will be delayed two weeks due technical issues.Thorsten
Robert Poland

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, At the site (below) I see; GRAPHICCONVERTER 9 GraphicConverter is now available as a native 64 bit application. Try it for free and see the great features.[more] Full version: just $39.95 / € 34.95 * Upgrade: just $25.95 / 23.95 * Family license: just $59.95 / 49.95 */** Family license upgrade: just $39.95 / €35.95 */** Is this a paid upgrade from 9.6.2 (2007)? > On Jun 10, 2015, at 3:04:AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Hello, > > > > I released the new version today at Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser, Batch Conversion, Metadata and more on your Mac > > > Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser... > Latest additions GraphicConverter 2015-06-10 GraphicConverter 9.7 (Build 2030) 2015-04-06 GraphicConverter 9.6.1 (Build 1854) 2015-03-10 GraphicConverter 9.... > View on www.lemkesoft.com > Preview by Yahoo > > > The Mac App Store version will be delayed two weeks due technical issues. > > > > Thorsten > > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins, CO
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert,the 9.7 is as usual a free update for all customers of the 9.x (as written on the download page).Thorsten Is this a paid upgrade from 9.6.2 (2007)?
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Just a note to us users, here……..I installed the new version and had a moment of panic as it opened the tools window as a dark-black rectangle the right size and shape as the tools window.It was only temporary.I closed the program and restarted my Mac.Then the program came up just fine with nothing obviously wrong.This may be basic info for many of us. But for those that haven’t done the like before and have more than a moment of panic as their newly updated program acts up at first use, it works to reset the program often enough. Best to ya,Mike BauersMilwaukee, Wi
havema1

Post by havema1 »

Hello,This is a minor thing but here goes:I have a habit of updating apps like GC by trashing the old version and dragging the new version to /Applications.Anyways, for some reason I now couldn't move the old GraphicConverter 9.7 build2029 beta to the Finder trash. I got an alert:"The item "GraphicConverter 9.ap" can't be moved to the Trash because some of its plugins are in use".I presumed safe-boot would not load whatever was preventing that but I got that error also then.After booting from an external disk I could trash the old GC beta.Yes, GC.dmg advices to just drag it over the old version. That might have worked but I didn't try it now... ;-)- Matti
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mike,many thanks for your report.Was there an error message in the console?Thorsten Just a note to us users, here……..I installed the new version and had a moment of panic as it opened the tools window as a dark-black rectangle the right size and shape as the tools window.It was only temporary.I closed the program and restarted my Mac.Then the program came up just fine with nothing obviously wrong.This may be basic info for many of us. But for those that haven’t done the like before and have more than a moment of panic as their newly updated program acts up at first use, it works to reset the program often enough.Best to ya,Mike BauersMilwaukee, Wi
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Matti,this was a problem of the BETA. The final do not have this problem.Thorsten Hello,This is a minor thing but here goes:I have a habit of updating apps like GC by trashing the old version and dragging the new version to /Applications.Anyways, for some reason I now couldn't move the old GraphicConverter 9.7 build2029 beta to the Finder trash. I got an alert:"The item "GraphicConverter 9.ap" can't be moved to the Trash because some of its plugins are in use".I presumed safe-boot would not load whatever was preventing that but I got that error also then.After booting from an external disk I could trash the old GC beta.Yes, GC.dmg advices to just drag it over the old version. That might have worked but I didn't try it now... ;-)- Matti
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

Thorsten, this situation is not good. I updated to the new version, only to find GraphicConverter no longer prints.The file opening line…silentopen file (my theItem) crashes!Is this supposed to happen? Without notification?RegardsSantaproperty theLargePagePrinter : "Large Page Printer"property theItem : ((path to desktop) & "image004.png" as text)tell application "GraphicConverter 9" activate try close every window saving no end try tell application "Finder" if kind of file (my theItem) contains "font" then say "graphic converter found a fount file" return end if end tell set foundAFile to false silentopen file (my theItem) tell current application to delay 0.2 activate
thorstenlemke

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 9.7 Build 2030 [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Santa,please download the new build 2031.That should fix it.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten Thorsten, this situation is not good. I updated to the new version, only to find GraphicConverter no longer prints.The file opening line…silentopen file (my theItem) crashes!Is this supposed to happen? Without notification?
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

Thanks ThorstenThe new build certainly fixed the silentopen problem.Fast work!RegardsSantaOn 11 Jun 2015, at 9:42 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Santa,please download the new build 2031.That should fix it.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten Thorsten, this situation is not good. I updated to the new version, only to find GraphicConverter no longer prints.The file opening line…silentopen file (my theItem) crashes!Is this supposed to happen? Without notification?