Downloading 9.7.1

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Christmas

Re: Problem with text size in text draw

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’day ThorstenI’m afraid nothing in your answer makes any sense to me.The variables realTextSize and answer don’t show up in GraphicConverter 9’s Dictionary, and only generate errors when run.RegardsSantatell application "GraphicConverter 9" activate tell window 1 set theRes to resolution # realTextSize = 14 # set realTextSize = wanted # set realTextSize to wanted # set realTextSize = 14 set realTextSize to 14 end tellend tellOn 13 Aug 2015, at 4:14 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,just read the image resolution first and make the following calculation:realTextSize = wanted G’day allI’m trying to adjust the size of text in two text boxes by using ApplescriptObjectC.. 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,that is just the calucation to get the required real text size for a resolution value.Thorsten G’day ThorstenI’m afraid nothing in your answer makes any sense to me.
Brian Christmas

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’day againSo what you’re saying is that the old method of drawing actual sized text despite any resolution really has been removed. and has to be replaced by a method of re-calculating text size, as my post and Robert Polands post demonstrate.Pity, the old alternative method was really useful.So, partly from Roberts post, and partly from my own,set fontSize to 14tell application "GraphicConverter 9" activate tell window 1 set theRes to resolution set theVres to item 2 of theRes set realTextSize to fontSize * (theVres / 72) round end tellend tellRegardsSantaOn 13 Aug 2015, at 5:20 pm, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,that is just the calucation to get the required real text size for a resolution value.Thorsten G’day ThorstenI’m afraid nothing in your answer makes any sense to me.
David Knodel

Re: Downloading 9.7.1

Post by David Knodel »

CG is mostly free for' individual use multiple copies as for education us',  iic’.’ when donated from Lemesoft directly.  Apple does charge.  Sometimes when Thorten issues a major release (I sense  there is an upgrade on the order’ of 39.95 usd soon)Always avaabe for instant download several sites.dvdOn Aug 11, 2015, at 10:38, Jerry South jcsouth1@cox.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Can I download it for no additional charge, or must I pay a fee? I see in the Apple App Store, it had a fee of $39.99. And do you think the installation will preserve all my keyboard shortcuts etc?JerryOn Aug 11, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Jerry,ah - the old 6.x was designed for 10.4.Please install the current 9.7.1 on your current MacOS.Thorsten[Attachment(s) from Jerry South included below]Thorsten, I’m an old time user. I’ve used 6.4.2 for years, because I have all sorts of shortcuts, and downloading upgrades seems to lose all my shortcut preferences.Recently, I upgraded my OS to Yosemite, and I just tried my GC 6.4.2, and the toolbox is full of GC icons, not the tool icons.Here’s a screenshot of what I see:<Screenshot 2015-08-11 11.27.55.jpg>How do I get this back right?Jerry South.