Measurement tool

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Bill Bedford

Measurement tool

Post by Bill Bedford »

Is there any way of changing to output format of this tool? -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz
thorstenlemke

Re: Measurement tool

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Bill,in which kind?Thorsten Is there any way of changing to output format of this tool?-- Bill Bedford
Bill Bedford

Post by Bill Bedford »

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 17:35:53 +0200, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote: > Dear Bill, > > in which kind? > Hi Thorsten What I am trying to do is take a lot of named dimensions from drawing so that I can use them as the input in a program that will build a 3D model. I have an input template which starts like this: ''' NAME = 'MR 3Plank Wagon' TYPE = "DROP" #"COAL" "OPEN" LENGTH = 180.0 WIDTH = 89.0 WHEELBASE = 96.0 #----------------- SOLEBARH = 12.0 #Solebar height SOLEBART = 5.0 #Solebar thickness SOLESEP = 75.0 #Solebar separation SOLEBOLTS = (2,[-83.5,-76,-24,24,76,83.5]) #Solebar bolt positions, centre above bottom of solebar, x centres. #----------------- HEIGHT = 21.0 #Side height FLOORT = 2.5 #Prototype Floor thickness FLOORR = 5.0 #Model Floor thickness FLOORPLANK = 7 # Nominal plank width THEIGHT = SOLEBARH+FLOORT+HEIGHT #Total height HFLOOR = SOLEBARH+FLOORT #Height of floor top #----------------- ''' I know that I can paste this into the GC info window and copy it out. I also know that I can remove the text part of measuring tool input, but it would be much neater and less confusing if GC could be persuaded to just output the measurement values. -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please download the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlI added now an option to the prefs part general/edit.Thorsten [gcmac] wrote:> Dear Bill,> > in which kind?> Hi ThorstenWhat I am trying to do is take a lot of named dimensions from drawing so that I can use them as the input in a program that will build a 3D model. I have an input template which starts like this:'''
Bill Bedford

Post by Bill Bedford »

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:55:36 +0200, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote: > Hello, > > please download the latest BETA: > > http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html <http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.html> > > I added now an option to the prefs part general/edit. > Thanks Thorsten, that looks useful. -- Bill Bedford "Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance he himself has spun" -- Clifford Geertz