OS X Finder Tags viewable in GC?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
link91504

OS X Finder Tags viewable in GC?

Post by link91504 »

Page 13/14 of the GC 9.7.1 manual says: Another interesting new feature are the tags that can be defined and assigned in the Finder. The tags are the advanced labels which had fixed colors. You can select any color for a tag and change it later. Additionally tags have names that can be changed too. You can and should change the tag „Red“ to „Projects“ or „Family“ any time. These tags will be displayed in GraphicConverter‘s Browser like the labels were before. You can copy the tags to the metadata of your pictures via the context menu.http://www.lemkesoft.org/pdf/Hagens_Manual.pdfDoes anyone know how to enable Finder Tags to be displayed in GC?  Unfortunately the PDF manual doesn't specify how exactly to display them or how to copy a tag to photo metadata.  I've look all around but can only find options for EXIF, IPTC, Windows EXIF, Spotlight Comments (not the same as Finder Tags), XMP, etc.Thanks in advance for the help!-Michael
thorstenlemke

Re: OS X Finder Tags viewable in GC?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,which MacOS do you use? The tags are available with 10.10.Thorsten . 
link91504

Post by link91504 »

Hi Thorsten,Thanks for the quick reply!  I'm using OS X 10.10.5 (current build) with GC 9.7.1 (purchased from the official site, not the Mac App Store).I know I'm probably missing something obviously but I can't figure out how to view/display my Finder Tags in GraphicConverter... Can you let me know what setting to flip so that they are viewable?  
link91504

Post by link91504 »

I'm using the latest version: 10.10.5. Purchased from the official site (not the Mac App Store). I'm sure I must be missing something super obvious but I just can't seem to figure out how view my Findet Tags in GC. Lots of options for Spotlight Comments but I don't see anything to display Finder Tags.
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,I just added a tag in the Finder and in the blink of an eye it was displayed in the browser. The color is in the background of the file name. Do you display the file name in the browser?Regards, Hagen Henke ---Hagen HenkeDresdner Str. 2601662 Meia�enTel: 03521 / 71 77 494Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21www.fotoservice-henke.de Am 21.08.2015 um 17:35 schrieb link91504@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:I'm using the latest version: 10.10.5. Purchased from the official site (not the Mac App Store).I'm sure I must be missing something super obvious but I just can't seem to figure out how view my Findet Tags in GC. Lots of options for Spotlight Comments but I don't see anything to display Finder Tags. 
link91504

Post by link91504 »

Attachments :Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 11.37.15 AM.pngOk, so it seems like only colored Finder Tags are displayed in GC.  I added a few tags (that have colors) and they are displaying.Unfortunately the vast majority of my Finder Tags do not have colors assigned to them (I used them like IPTC Keywords for sorting).  See my attached screenshot for two files that have multiple Finder Tags but only the colored ones display in GC.Doesn't seem like GC supports displaying these (un-colored) Finder Tags.  No problem I just wanted to clarify how it worked. :)Thanks all! -Michael
thorstenlemke

Re: OS X Finder Tags viewable in GC? [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Michael,I add that to the todo list.Thorsten Ok, so it seems like only colored Finder Tags are displayed in GC.  I added a few tags (that have colors) and they are displaying.Unfortunately the vast majority of my Finder Tags do not have colors assigned to them (I used them like IPTC Keywords for sorting).  See my attached screenshot for two files that have multiple Finder Tags but only the colored ones display in GC.Doesn't seem like GC supports displaying these (un-colored) Finder Tags.  No problem I just wanted to clarify how it worked. :)Thanks all! 
link91504

Post by link91504 »

Awesome, thank you Thorsten!  Much appreciated. :)
thorstenlemke

Re: OS X Finder Tags viewable in GC? [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Michael,I added it now.Download the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlGo to the preferences part browser/thumbnails and enable the display.Thorsten Ok, so it seems like only colored Finder Tags are displayed in GC.  I added a few tags (that have colors) and they are displaying.Unfortunately the vast majority of my Finder Tags do not have colors assigned to them (I used them like IPTC Keywords for sorting).  See my attached screenshot for two files that have multiple Finder Tags but only the colored ones display in GC.Doesn't seem like GC supports displaying these (un-colored) Finder Tags.  No problem I just wanted to clarify how it worked. :)Thanks all! -Michael