Re: (OT) VueScan (was: Oh, RATS!!! Yos 4 upsets TWAIN again)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
J.J. McVeigh

Post by J.J. McVeigh »

> I have used VueScan in the past, but do not really have a need for it > as Image Capture can drive my scanner. So it’s not on my iMac at the > moment. And you only get upgrades for one year for your $40, after > that you pay again :-( When I first purchased VueScan, I bought a lifetime license that allowed for unlimited updates. I think it cost somewhere between $0 and $80 for the lifetime license. This was circa 2006. I have upgraded many, many times, without charge. I am using VueScan with a MacBook Pro under Mac OS 10.10.5 with an Epson Expression 636 with an Automatic Document Feeder and a transparency adaptor. The Epson has a SCSI interface, so that will tell you how old it is. I connect the Epson to the MacBook Pro as follows: MacBook Pro > Apple Thunderbolt Display (via Thunderbolt cable) > RATOC Firewire 400 to SCSI Adaptor ( via Thunderbolt Display FireWire 800 port and FireWire-800-to-FireWire 400 adaptor cable) > Epson Expression 636. VueScan has no problem recognizing the scanner. I am a big fan of VueScan, as well as of GraphicConverter. J.J. McVeigh Butler, Maryland USA
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

A lifetime licence now costs $89.95 (but at this instant there is a $10 discount). It says a lot for Epson hardware that the scanner has kept going s long! I last had a SCSI interface on a Mac back in 2007, and then it was by special order. John. > On 23 Aug 2015, at 16:36, 'J.J. McVeigh' kd4vs@comcast.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > >> I have used VueScan in the past, but do not really have a need for it >> as Image Capture can drive my scanner. So it’s not on my iMac at the >> moment. And you only get upgrades for one year for your $40, after >> that you pay again :-( > > When I first purchased VueScan, I bought a lifetime license that > allowed for unlimited updates. I think it cost somewhere between $0 > and $80 for the lifetime license. This was circa 2006. I have > upgraded many, many times, without charge. > > I am using VueScan with a MacBook Pro under Mac OS 10.10.5 with an > Epson Expression 636 with an Automatic Document Feeder and a > transparency adaptor. The Epson has a SCSI interface, so that will > tell you how old it is. I connect the Epson to the MacBook Pro as > follows: MacBook Pro > Apple Thunderbolt Display (via Thunderbolt > cable) > RATOC Firewire 400 to SCSI Adaptor ( via Thunderbolt Display > FireWire 800 port and FireWire-800-to-FireWire 400 adaptor cable) > > Epson Expression 636. VueScan has no problem recognizing the scanner. > I am a big fan of VueScan, as well as of GraphicConverter. > > J.J. McVeigh > Butler, Maryland USA > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >