GC9 Metadata

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Jones

GC9 Metadata

Post by Brian Jones »

I'm using GC9 to add IPTC Captions and Keywords to my jpegs. A very nice facility. Is there any way of outputting a 3-column table listing Filename, Caption, Keywords? Brian
thorstenlemke

Re: GC9 Metadata

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Brian,you can use the Export IPTC function in convert and modify. That will export all IPTC data.You can remove the unwanted columns with Excel, OpenOffice…Thorsten I'm using GC9 to add IPTC Captions and Keywords to my jpegs. A very nice facility.Is there any way of outputting a 3-column table listing Filename, Caption, Keywords?Brian
Brian Jones

Post by Brian Jones »

Sorry, I missed that. Wil be very useful. On 1 Sep 2015, at 18:46, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Dear Brian, > > > you can use the Export IPTC function in convert and modify. > That will export all IPTC data. > You can remove the unwanted columns with Excel, OpenOffice… > > Thorsten >> >> >> I'm using GC9 to add IPTC Captions and Keywords to my jpegs. A very nice facility. >> >> Is there any way of outputting a 3-column table listing Filename, Caption, Keywords? >> >> Brian
Brian Jones

Post by Brian Jones »

Forgive me if these are silly questions. I would like to change an IPTC keyword in about 100 jpegs. Can this be done globally? Also, when searching, is it possible to search in such a way that, for example, "patricia" doesn't find "pat" and vice versa? I've tried using quotes it doesn't work. Brian >> > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Brian,do you only want to replace one of the entered keywords?Searching is done with spotlight. pat will find patricia. But patricia will only find patricia.Thorsten Forgive me if these are silly questions.  I would like to change an IPTC keyword in about 100 jpegs. Can this be done globally?Also, when searching, is it possible to search in such a way that, for example, "patricia" doesn't find "pat" and vice versa? I've tried using quotes it doesn't work.Brian
Brian Jones

Post by Brian Jones »

I'be be happy to replace one keyword at a time in a group of files. I've only got several keywords to change. I've been using GC9 to edit IPTC keywords one file at a time. A bit tedious but my fault. I hadn't thought of Spotlight. > On 19 Nov 2015, at 10:08, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Dear Brian, > > > do you only want to replace one of the entered keywords? > > Searching is done with spotlight. pat will find patricia. But patricia will only find patricia. > > Thorsten >> >> >> Forgive me if these are silly questions. >> >> I would like to change an IPTC keyword in about 100 jpegs. Can this be done globally? >> >> Also, when searching, is it possible to search in such a way that, for example, "patricia" doesn't find "pat" and vice versa? I've tried using quotes it doesn't work. >> >> Brian >> > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Brian,simple select the images (please make a backup first) in the browser.Select in the context menu the “Find and Replace IPTC” function.Enter you terms.OK.Thorsten I'be be happy to replace one keyword at a time in a group of files. I've only got several keywords to change.I've been using GC9 to edit IPTC keywords one file at a time. A bit tedious but my fault. I hadn't thought of Spotlight.  >
Brian Jones

Re: GC9 Metadata [2 Attachments]

Post by Brian Jones »

That is quite amazing, Thorsten. I feel quite emotional after watching all those files changing, having done a few, laboriously and tediously, by hand. Is there anything that GC9 can't do? Many thanks. Brian > On 19 Nov 2015, at 13:03, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > [Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below] > Dear Brian, > > > simple select the images (please make a backup first) in the browser. > Select in the context menu the “Find and Replace IPTC” function. > Enter you terms. > OK. > > Thorsten > <Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 14.02.36.png><Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 14.02.45.png> > >> >> I'be be happy to replace one keyword at a time in a group of files. I've only got several keywords to change. >> >> I've been using GC9 to edit IPTC keywords one file at a time. A bit tedious but my fault. I hadn't thought of Spotlight. >> >> > >> > >
Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker »

It is indeed a great piece of kit.  In the rather painful transition from Aperture to Photos, Graphic Converter remains a constant, a tool to rectify all the problems.Chris On 19 Nov 15, at 16:46, Brian Jones brian.jones@catfish.plus.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:That is quite amazing, Thorsten. I feel quite emotional after watching all those files changing, having done a few, laboriously and tediously, by hand. Is there anything that GC9 can't do?Many thanks.Brian> On 19 Nov 2015, at 13:03, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:> > [Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]> Dear Brian,> > > simple select the images (please make a backup first) in the browser.> Select in the context menu the “Find and Replace IPTC” function.> Enter you terms.> OK.> > Thorsten> <Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 14.02.36.png><Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 14.02.45.png>> >> >> I'be be happy to replace one keyword at a time in a group of files. I've only got several keywords to change.>> >> I've been using GC9 to edit IPTC keywords one file at a time. A bit tedious but my fault. I hadn't thought of Spotlight.  >> >> >>>