Add Noise

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dave04321

Add Noise

Post by dave04321 »

Is there any method to add noise in GC, in a batch conversion?Similar to that in Photoshop, Pixelmator, or the new Affinity Photo?A plugin maybe?
thorstenlemke

Re: Add Noise

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I have currently only a Denoise.What would be the usage?Thorsten Is there any method to add noise in GC, in a batch conversion?Similar to that in Photoshop, Pixelmator, or the new Affinity Photo?A plugin maybe?
dave04321

Post by dave04321 »

I need to add some texture to some digitally created images of cloth, to make them more realistic.It works well with a touch of guassian blur and noise, in both pixelmator & Affinity photo, but neither of them will do it as a batch, & I've got 300 images to do.Got the Gaussian blur done in GC, & was hoping to find a plugin from somewhere to add the noise. But all I can find online are things to de-noise & I've got a selection of them already for photos.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ok, please e-mail a source file. The two steps and the result for checking.Maybe I can add a noise filter.Thorsten I need to add some texture to some digitally created images of cloth, to make them more realistic.It works well with a touch of guassian blur and noise, in both pixelmator & Affinity photo, but neither of them will do it as a batch, & I've got 300 images to do.Got the Gaussian blur done in GC, & was hoping to find a plugin from somewhere to add the noise. But all I can find online are things to de-noise & I've got a selection of them already for photos.
Dave Bremner

Post by Dave Bremner »

Hi thanksThis is the final resultAnd this is the sourceActually the source is much larger but this is it reduced.The two steps being done presently are a tiny amount of gaussian blur, 0.5 in GC, and then a tiny bit of noise. 1 - 1.5 % in Photoshop, or between 5 + 15% in Affinity Photo. It really depends on the file, they are all different tartans & seem to react react differently to the noise.Dave On 2 Sep 2015, at 20:38, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,ok, please e-mail a source file. The two steps and the result for checking.Maybe I can add a noise filter.ThorstenI need to add some texture to some digitally created images of cloth, to make them more realistic.It works well with a touch of guassian blur and noise, in both pixelmator & Affinity photo, but neither of them will do it as a batch, & I've got 300 images to do.Got the Gaussian blur done in GC, & was hoping to find a plugin from somewhere to add the noise. But all I can find online are things to de-noise & I've got a selection of them already for photos.
thorstenlemke

Re: Add Noise [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks. I will add that the next days.Thorsten Hi thanksThis is the final result
thorstenlemke

Add Noise

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,I added now add noise as effect and batch.Please check:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten I need to add some texture to some digitally created images of cloth, to make them more realistic.It works well with a touch of guassian blur and noise, in both pixelmator & Affinity photo, but neither of them will do it as a batch, & I've got 300 images to do.Got the Gaussian blur done in GC, & was hoping to find a plugin from somewhere to add the noise. But all I can find online are things to de-noise & I've got a selection of them already for photos.