Displaying Panoramas

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

Displaying Panoramas

Post by Larry Stoter »

Not sure if this is possible in GC or not …. I have a number of very wide landscape panorama images. What I would like to be able to do is set it up so when loaded the screen view slowly pans from one end to the other. I guess this requires constructing a video of the panorama but I’m not sure how this might be done and if it it possible in GC? Suggestions please? Thanks, Larry
Brian Christmas

Re: Displaying Panoramas

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’day LarryI would suggest you use iMovie to create a pan of each image. You could make them sequential in the same movie if you want to play all of them one after another, and/or create chapter markers at the start of each image, so you could jump to any given image.RegardsSantaOn 5 Sep 2015, at 6:57 pm, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Not sure if this is possible in GC or not ….I have a number of very wide landscape panorama images. What I would like to be able to do is set it up so when loaded the screen view slowly pans from one end to the other. I guess this requires constructing a video of the panorama but I’m not sure how this might be done and if it it possible in GC?Suggestions please?Thanks,Larry
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Larry,that is currently not possible.Thorsten Not sure if this is possible in GC or not ….I have a number of very wide landscape panorama images. What I would like to be able to do is set it up so when loaded the screen view slowly pans from one end to the other. I guess this requires constructing a video of the panorama but I’m not sure how this might be done and if it it possible in GC?Suggestions please?Thanks,Larry
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thorsten,Thank you - I didn’t think it was but there are now so many capabilities in GC it’s difficult to be sure I haven’t missed it.Larry On 5 Sep 2015, at 10:40, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Dear Larry,that is currently not possible.ThorstenNot sure if this is possible in GC or not ….I have a number of very wide landscape panorama images. What I would like to be able to do is set it up so when loaded the screen view slowly pans from one end to the other. I guess this requires constructing a video of the panorama but I’m not sure how this might be done and if it it possible in GC?Suggestions please?Thanks,Larry
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Morning Santa,I no longer have iMove on my system and the reviews on App Store of the latest version are decidely uncomplimentary …I have, however, found an app which does what I want plus more - Panolapse. Intended principally for stitching a sequence of stills into a movie but can also convert a panorama into a movie.Thanks,Larry On 5 Sep 2015, at 10:21, Brian Christmas ozsanta@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   G’day LarryI would suggest you use iMovie to create a pan of each image. You could make them sequential in the same movie if you want to play all of them one after another, and/or create chapter markers at the start of each image, so you could jump to any given image.RegardsSantaOn 5 Sep 2015, at 6:57 pm, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Not sure if this is possible in GC or not ….I have a number of very wide landscape panorama images. What I would like to be able to do is set it up so when loaded the screen view slowly pans from one end to the other. I guess this requires constructing a video of the panorama but I’m not sure how this might be done and if it it possible in GC?Suggestions please?Thanks,Larry