I'm having trouble with Convert & Modify

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
buzzyfuzzybee

I'm having trouble with Convert & Modify

Post by buzzyfuzzybee »

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I have a folder on my desktop with the file in jpg format that I'm trying to work with.I created a To Folder on the Desktop to make it simple.I open the image Folder from GC browser and Click on the Covert..Button.The Convert window opens with that folder+files in left column.  I chose to convert & modify to PNG.  I don't create a batch or anything like that.There's about 30,000 small jpg files in this folder.  I then select the To Folder (I called it 4images).I select all the files in the left tab and click on GO.  It shows me the progress window and it takes about 2 min.Then Nothing shows up in the Right Pane (column).  I use Finder to double check and yep, nothing in there...No PNG files created.It seems like it's just happening with this one Folder.  I went to a random clipart Folder (in my Pictures Folder) and tested it a couple of times.  It worked.  There weren't as many files, but it worked.I checked the Folder and the inside Files to make sure they're not Read Only or something...using the File Info.What else can I check??I'm confused!Help please!  Thanks!
buzzyfuzzybee

Re: I'm having trouble with Convert & Modify

Post by buzzyfuzzybee »

Attachments :000802_c247_0000_csls.jpg000802_c199_0024_cslsp.jpgThe files are just thumbnails.  Not big jpgs, very small. like 1.5, 1.8 kb.I will attach a couple.They seem to go through the process really fast, but then nothing happens!And at the bottom the status line says 10 of 10 items - 0 items.
buzzyfuzzybee

Post by buzzyfuzzybee »

More info on my troubles.I opened one of the files in Preview and saved it as a PNG.  It worked.  So I went back to GC and tried to open the file.Here's what GC said...Unknown File FormatThe file ...jpg" is broken, the format is unknown or it isn't a graphic ile.  So, GC can't open it.Then it has a box of the "dump of the datafork" and a button to Try RAW format.Guess I'm just going to give up on this project.  Check about 6-8 of the files and they all say this.It's not critical.I have other stuff to complete anyway...Thanks if anyone read this, but don't spend too much time with it, although appreciated, it's not urgent.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,opening files works here perfectly.No other such report.Do you use the current 9.7.2?Did you try to trash the prefs with the GraphicConverter First Aid tool? Maybe your settings are corrupted.Thorsten More info on my troubles.
thorstenlemke

Re: I'm having trouble with Convert & Modify [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,opens here perfectly.Just drag and dropped it onto GC.Thorsten The files are just thumbnails.  Not big jpgs, very small. like 1.5, 1.8 kb.I will attach a couple.They seem to go through the process really fast, but then nothing happens!And at the bottom the status line says 10 of 10 items - 0 items.
Dominick Frank Issi

Trouble with the Stamp Tool

Post by Dominick Frank Issi »

Thorsten, Having trouble with the Stamp tool in GC 9.7.2 (2075). Doesn’t matter the Radius I pick to select an area. If I begin to drag over an area that’s close to another color … and I’ve clearly selected a section WITHOUT another color, the tool begins to pickup adjacent colors. I’ve attempted to select the color spot with the tool set at a VERY small radius (and using the option key) … or with the tool set at a very LARGE radius (and select the color spot with the option key). It STILL begins to pickup colors from adjacent areas. NEVER had this problem before this version. Take Care///Dominick
thorstenlemke

Re: Trouble with the Stamp Tool

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I will check. But that tool was not changed with the latest release. Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Re: Trouble with the Stamp Tool

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Dominick,did you maybe uncheck the options?Thorsten Thorsten,Having trouble with the Stamp tool in GC 9.7.2 (2075). Doesn’t matter the Radius I pick to select an area. If I begin to drag over an area that’s close to another color … and I’ve clearly selected a section WITHOUT another color, the tool begins to pickup adjacent colors. I’ve attempted to select the color spot with the tool set at a VERY small radius (and using the option key) … or with the tool set at a very LARGE radius (and select the color spot with the option key). It STILL begins to pickup colors from adjacent areas. NEVER had this problem before this version.
Dominick Frank Issi

Re: Trouble with the Stamp Tool [1 Attachment]

Post by Dominick Frank Issi »

Thorsten,I hadn’t unchecked them … they were, however, unchecked from one of my past uploads? Selected them and tried again. Found out that I had to put the Radius down to a small size as when I would option-click the cross-hairs for the selection, it would take in the WHOLE stamp area for that radius size as the stamp. Don’t remember it doing that before. As I remember it, it used to be the bulleted cross-hair selection point vs the whole radius. But … I may be loosing some of my synapses as I grow older!Take Care///DominickOn Sep 28, 2015, at 4:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: [Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Hello Dominick,did you maybe uncheck the options?Thorsten<Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 10.38.03.png>Thorsten,Having trouble with the Stamp tool in GC 9.7.2 (2075). Doesn’t matter the Radius I pick to select an area. If I begin to drag over an area that’s close to another color … and I’ve clearly selected a section WITHOUT another color, the tool begins to pickup adjacent colors. I’ve attempted to select the color spot with the tool set at a VERY small radius (and using the option key) … or with the tool set at a very LARGE radius (and select the color spot with the option key). It STILL begins to pickup colors from adjacent areas. NEVER had this problem before this version.