Auto Update progress displayed anywhere?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Patrick A. Timlin

Auto Update progress displayed anywhere?

Post by Patrick A. Timlin »

I used to have GC always ask me if I wanted to install new updates. The other day I changed the preference to go ahead and automatically download and install new updates. So right now it is downloading the newest bug fix. My question is when you select the auto update option, is there any where in GC to see the status of the update? When I approved updates before they were downloaded, I got a download window that would show the program of the download. But with auto update, the only way I can tell for sure if something is being downloaded is trying to quit and having it tell me it is in the middle of a download. Problem is I have no clue if the download is progressing or stalled. Regards,Patrick
thorstenlemke

Re: Auto Update progress displayed anywhere?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Patrick,sorry, not yet.The download is done by the Sparkle update framework.Thorsten I used to have GC always ask me if I wanted to install new updates. The other day I changed the preference to go ahead and automatically download and install new updates. So right now it is downloading the newest bug fix. My question is when you select the auto update option, is there any where in GC to see the status of the update? When I approved updates before they were downloaded, I got a download window that would show the program of the download. But with auto update, the only way I can tell for sure if something is being downloaded is trying to quit and having it tell me it is in the middle of a download. Problem is I have no clue if the download is progressing or stalled. 
teegate

Post by teegate »

I just upgraded to 9.7.3 and it unexpectedly quits every time. Every version so far has worked well until now. Guy
teegate

Post by teegate »

After running an older version 9.7.3 now works.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,really curious. Please report if you get again a problem.Thorsten After running an older version 9.7.3 now works.
normsiler

Post by normsiler »

Upgraded from GC 9.7.2 to 9.7.3 (build 2078) so transition to El Capitan goes more easily and GC works fine. No problems for past 2 days.IMac i5, OS X 10.10.5
Zalman Lazkowicz

3rd party extensions for Photos

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions. I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?
thorstenlemke

Re: 3rd party extensions for Photos

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,this is on the ToDo list.But Apple did not publish any sample code, yet.The way will be: - you select edit with GraphicConverter in Photos- the plugin transfers the image to GraphicConverter- the plugin transfers the image after closing in GraphicConverter back to PhotosThorsten I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?__.
Zalman Lazkowicz

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Thank you Thorsten! On 3 Oct 2015, at 4:55 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,this is on the ToDo list.But Apple did not publish any sample code, yet.The way will be: - you select edit with GraphicConverter in Photos- the plugin transfers the image to GraphicConverter- the plugin transfers the image after closing in GraphicConverter back to PhotosThorstenI upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?__.
Steve Barbour

Post by Steve Barbour »

> On Oct 3, 2015, at 9:10 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > Thank you Thorsten! vital terrific thank you > >> On 3 Oct 2015, at 4:55 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> >> this is on the ToDo list. >> >> But Apple did not publish any sample code, yet. >> >> The way will be: >> - you select edit with GraphicConverter in Photos >> - the plugin transfers the image to GraphicConverter >> - the plugin transfers the image after closing in GraphicConverter back to Photos >> >> Thorsten >>> >>> I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions. >>> I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ? >>> >>> >>> __. >> > > >