Auto Update progress displayed anywhere?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
John McLay

Re: 3rd party extensions for Photos

Post by John McLay »

Check out this article:http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... oday.html/ On Oct 3, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?
John McLay

Post by John McLay »

Thorsten,That sounds exciting!John On Oct 3, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,this is on the ToDo list.But Apple did not publish any sample code, yet.The way will be: - you select edit with GraphicConverter in Photos- the plugin transfers the image to GraphicConverter- the plugin transfers the image after closing in GraphicConverter back to PhotosThorstenI upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?__.
Zalman Lazkowicz

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

yes, I saw this article before. In app store there is no category Extensions for Photos. How we’re going to find them ? not clear at all. On 3 Oct 2015, at 11:59 PM, John McLay 4johnSF@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Check out this article:http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... ay.html/On Oct 3, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?
Mark R. Williamson

Post by Mark R. Williamson »

Here’s how to find extensions in the US App Store at the moment: There’s an “Apps for Photographers” item in the rotation of featured items at the top of the main page. It has an “Editing Extensions for the Photos App” section at the top.I imagine that Apple will add a similar group in the Photography category at some point.—Mark On Oct 4, 2015, at 12:14 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:yes, I saw this article before. In app store there is no category Extensions for Photos. How we’re going to find them ? not clear at all.On 3 Oct 2015, at 11:59 PM, John McLay 4johnSF@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Check out this article:http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... ay.html/On Oct 3, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?
Zalman Lazkowicz

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

thank you Mark! On 4 Oct 2015, at 9:41 AM, 'Mark R. Williamson' markwmsn@markwmsn.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Here’s how to find extensions in the US App Store at the moment: There’s an “Apps for Photographers” item in the rotation of featured items at the top of the main page. It has an “Editing Extensions for the Photos App” section at the top.I imagine that Apple will add a similar group in the Photography category at some point.—MarkOn Oct 4, 2015, at 12:14 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:yes, I saw this article before. In app store there is no category Extensions for Photos. How we’re going to find them ? not clear at all.On 3 Oct 2015, at 11:59 PM, John McLay 4johnSF@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Check out this article:http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... ay.html/On Oct 3, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?
John McLay

Post by John McLay »

For myself I’ve found it quite easily. I copy the name of the app from the article, for example: “BeFunky Express” then I open the app store on my mac and paste that into the search field. It was easy to download, and I looked at several others which were pricey at around $15 each… I then follow the instructions in the article on how to activate it in the photos app. On Oct 3, 2015, at 10:14 PM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:yes, I saw this article before. In app store there is no category Extensions for Photos. How we’re going to find them ? not clear at all.On 3 Oct 2015, at 11:59 PM, John McLay 4johnSF@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Check out this article:http://www.computerworld.com/article/29 ... ay.html/On Oct 3, 2015, at 6:53 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I upgraded today to El Capitan. There is a new feature now in Photos, called Third Party Extensions.I guess every developer if interested needs to develop an extension for their photo editing program to be used in Photos. What does this mean ? Is it something small, like mini GC ? or simply a link ?