Can't print IPTC Caption using

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
chbush5

Can't print IPTC Caption using

Post by chbush5 »

Can't print IPTC Caption (or any of the attributes) using the <File-Catalog-Picture> command.Set Caption using <File-Edit File info (IPTC)> command.  It is not displayed on the catalog picture.Chuck
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Chuck,did you select the correct fields for printing?Because it works here.Thorsten Can't print IPTC Caption (or any of the attributes) using the <File-Catalog-Picture> command.Set Caption using <File-Edit File info (IPTC)> command.  It is not displayed on the catalog picture.Chuck
chbush5

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using

Post by chbush5 »

Attachments :CatPicX.tiffCatPic.tiffI checked "Display name" and "Display IPTC Caption" as shown in attachment.  2nd attachment is resulting pic.BTW: On Mac OS 10.10.5 GC 9.7.3I assume that text will display below pic.Chuck
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [2 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Chuck,please e-mail the saved catalog settings.But I suggest to use the Print Catalog feature and print into a PDF. That is much more powerful.Thorsten I checked "Display name" and "Display IPTC Caption" as shown in attachment.  2nd attachment is resulting pic.BTW: On Mac OS 10.10.5 GC 9.7.3I assume that text will display below pic.Chuck
chbush5

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [2 Attachments]

Post by chbush5 »

Attachments :catpicY.tiffCatPicX-19615.tiffCatPic-19615.tiffI sent the the first two a couple of messages ago. I added the actual caption window from<file-EditFileInfo>.I want to use <FIle Catalog Picture> as I want to add more text to the .JPG.Chuck
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [3 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please save the catalog settings and e-mail them zipped.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from cb815x5.nt@cox.net [gcmac] included below]I sent the the first two a couple of messages ago. I added the actual caption window from<file-EditFileInfo>.I want to use <FIle Catalog Picture> as I want to add more text to the .JPG.Chuck,_._,___
chbush5

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [3 Attachments]

Post by chbush5 »

Attachments :picture catalog.plist.zipHere it is.
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks.That did help.I found and fixed the issue:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten [Attachment(s) from cb815x5.nt@cox.net [gcmac] included below]Here it is.Attachment(s) from cb815x5.nt@cox.net [gcmac] : View attachments on the web
chbush5

Post by chbush5 »

Attachments :picture catalog2.plist.zipcat03.tiffcat02.tiffActs different but still didn't do what I think it should.  Attachments:-cat02 bottom 3 thumbnails showing results of <file-catalog-print> .  catalog002.jpg is just a pic of the last pic in folder?-cat03 shows I'm using built 2080-picture catalog2.plist.zip    Thanks for all you efforts.  Anything else I can do to help?Chuck
chbush5

Post by chbush5 »

Attachments :picture catalog.plist 3.zipThe last reply of mine may be confusing.  I changed the catalog print.  This one is better one that has the proper number of rows, 4 not 3.I also check the photo information for one of the photos having a CAPTION which shows in the EXIFTool information panel under  ------XMP-dc------ Description: Lesser Goldfinch."Lesser Goldfinch" is the caption which I assume should print under the photo in the catalog photo.   MAC doesn't allow me to get a "grab" snapshot of this"? Chuck