Can't print IPTC Caption using

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,I just retried with the latest BETA and sample files from me.It works perfectly.Please e-mail one not working image file for testing.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from cb815x5.nt@cox.net [gcmac] included below]The last reply of mine may be confusing.  I changed the catalog print.  This one is better one that has the proper number of rows, 4 not 3.I also check the photo information for one of the photos having a CAPTION which shows in the EXIFTool information panel under  ------XMP-dc------ Description: Lesser Goldfinch."Lesser Goldfinch" is the caption which I assume should print under the photo in the catalog photo.   MAC doesn't allow me to get a "grab" snapshot of this"? Chuck
chbush5

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [1 Attachment]

Post by chbush5 »

Attachments :snap13.tiffpicture catalog.plist 2.zipcatalog.jpgcat12caption.tiffcat11parameters.tiffcatalog.jpg  - results of catalog print.cat10thumbnails.tiff -  snap of browser window of folder to catalog printcat11parameters.tiff - parameters used for catalog printcat12caption.tiff - showing caption for 1st pic in folderpicture catalog.plist 2.zip - plist of parameters snap13 - snap pic showing Mac OS and GC versionsMaybe you can send me your "works perfect" results?    Must be something simple I'm not understanding?
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using [6 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,curious. Did you trry to trash the prefs with the GraphicConverter First Aid tool?Thorsten catalog.jpg  - results of catalog print.
chbush5

Re: Can't print IPTC Caption using

Post by chbush5 »

OK. Problem solved.  Thanks for telling me about the FIRST AID tool.  The default colors are white text on black background.   I changed the background color to white and didn't change the text color.   White text on white background shows nothing.OK my dumb mistake but I make the suggestion 1) default background should be WHITE and default text color should be BLACK.  2) should say "background color" and "text color"I, maybe only me, think it is normal to have black text on white backgrounds. Thanks again for first aid suggestion. I'll make use First Aid tool in the future I'm sure.Sorry for using up your time because I didn't understand the catalog print dialog box.  Chuck