Loss of cursor after color picker use

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
valsmiley

Loss of cursor after color picker use

Post by valsmiley »

Using El Capitan 10.11.1 the cursor disappears after using the color picker in GC. Switching applications does not resolve. Quiting CG does. When CG is restarted, the cursor appears as normal and color picked is now the foerground color. I don't use the color picker very often so I'm not sure when this began. GC is 9.7.3 (2078). Mac Pro early 2009.
thorstenlemke

Re: Loss of cursor after color picker use

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I just rechecked on 10.11 and can not reproduce the issue.Thorsten Using El Capitan 10.11.1 the cursor disappears after using the color picker in GC. Switching applications does not resolve. Quiting CG does. When CG is restarted, the cursor appears as normal and color picked is now the foerground color. I don't use the color picker very often so I'm not sure when this began. GC is 9.7.3 (2078). Mac Pro early 2009.
Petur Rasmussen

Post by Petur Rasmussen »

It is a thing that seems to happen here and there in 10.10 and 10.11. If you go outside to the desktop and click in there it pops up again.Best regardsPetur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 22. okt. 2015, at 17:28, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,I just rechecked on 10.11 and can not reproduce the issue.ThorstenUsing El Capitan 10.11.1 the cursor disappears after using the color picker in GC. Switching applications does not resolve. Quiting CG does. When CG is restarted, the cursor appears as normal and color picked is now the foerground color. I don't use the color picker very often so I'm not sure when this began. GC is 9.7.3 (2078). Mac Pro early 2009.
harry

Post by harry »

I find this happens with Firefox (41.0.2 on OSX 10.10.4) from time to time, as well. So it may be an OSX issue to do with handing over cursor info between apps?Harry On 23 Oct 2015, at 11:18, Petur Rasmussen prasm@internet.is [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   It is a thing that seems to happen here and there in 10.10 and 10.11. If you go outside to the desktop and click in there it pops up again.Best regardsPetur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 22. okt. 2015, at 17:28, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,I just rechecked on 10.11 and can not reproduce the issue.ThorstenUsing El Capitan 10.11.1 the cursor disappears after using the color picker in GC. Switching applications does not resolve. Quiting CG does. When CG is restarted, the cursor appears as normal and color picked is now the foerground color. I don't use the color picker very often so I'm not sure when this began. GC is 9.7.3 (2078). Mac Pro early 2009.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Harry,thanks for your idea. That maybe the case.Thorsten I find this happens with Firefox (41.0.2 on OSX 10.10.4) from time to time, as well. So it may be an OSX issue to do with handing over cursor info between apps?
William H. Magill

Post by William H. Magill »

This (or something ver similar) has been true since at least Mavericks. I play LOTRO - a MMORPG, which dates from XP days (2007) Turbine created a Mac Client in 2012. The Mac Client is native and does use Open GL. I play in Windowed mode on my 27 inch iMac, where the window is stretched to about 1/2 inch smaller than screen size. LOTRO has “always” had the issue of the cursor “disappearing” in the main game window — I then mouse over to the side (especially where I keep the Dock) and the cursor re-appears, and I can see it again in the Game window. Off hand I don’t recall if I see this in many other apps, as my reaction has become automatic and I don’t think about it, although it does happen with Preview, which I use to crop Screenshots for the Wiki. > On Oct 23, 2015, at 6:56 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > thanks for your idea. That maybe the case. > > Thorsten >> >> I find this happens with Firefox (41.0.2 on OSX 10.10.4) from time to time, as well. So it may be an OSX issue to do with handing over cursor info between apps? T.T.F.N. William H. Magill # iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.11 # Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.11 magill@icloud.com magill@mac.com whmagill@gmail.com
@g4d

Post by @g4d »

To elaboration the problem: If using the dropper tool itself, the problem does not occur. If using the dropper on the color palette, the problem occurs on both by desktop and my portable. On the Mac Pro desktop the cursor is gone for all applications and will not recover until I quit GC. On the MacBook Pro the cursor will return everywhere if I Cmd Tab thru the open applications a couple of times. Most curious. Both machines running El Capitan 10.11.1 and CG 9.7.3 (2078). A Safe Mode restart does not change the problem. Bob RutledgeBob@gone4dive.com
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the color picker window is managed by the Apple MacOS. So, it does manage the cursor, too.The pipette is managed directly by GraphicConverter.Thorsten To elaboration the problem: If using the dropper tool itself, the problem does not occur. If using the dropper on the color palette, the problem occurs on both by desktop and my portable. On the Mac Pro desktop the cursor is gone for all applications and will not recover until I quit GC. On the MacBook Pro the cursor will return everywhere if I Cmd Tab thru the open applications a couple of times. Most curious. Both machines running El Capitan 10.11.1 and CG 9.7.3 (2078). A Safe Mode restart does not change the problem.
@g4d

Post by @g4d »

OK then. Its the pipette for me from now on. Thanks for the feedback from everyone. Maybe Apple will resolve this issue someday. Bob RutledgeBob@gone4dive.com
Sheri A. VandeRiet

Post by Sheri A. VandeRiet »

This has happened to me since, possibly, Lion! It happens in Safari and it seems to be somehow related to Flash. At least the problem resolves temporarily if I update Flash, and the issue occurs mostly when I am playing a Flash video. GC doesn't use Flash and I don't think Mac OS X uses Flash for the cursor and color picker. This is a weird bug that is usually resolved by clicking on the desktop and then returning to the video. Odd thing is, apps appear to recognize the presence of the cursor, since mouse-over actions still occur, but the cursor is still invisible. ...Sheri Sent from my iPhone 6