Does GC 8.8 have problems with OS 10.11?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sonoma_mike

Does GC 8.8 have problems with OS 10.11?

Post by sonoma_mike »

I just noticed that the toobox settings windows (the ones that open when you double click on a tool) are not showing correctly. The Fill setting window is there but not full size: the slider is half visible. The others are not visible at all. They apparently are still there because if I double click, enter a value (e.g., the pixel radius of the stamp tool), then click the tool again, the tool changes correctly.I already tried trashing prefs with the GC utility. Same behavior. I may not have used this part of the toolbox since I upgraded to OS 10.11 but I can't be sure.Thanks for the help.mike
Petur Rasmussen

Re: Does GC 8.8 have problems with OS 10.11?

Post by Petur Rasmussen »

My GC is 9.7.3. There must be problems with such an old version.Petur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 1. na�v. 2015, at 00:17, mikedon@sonic.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I just noticed that the toobox settings windows (the ones that open when you double click on a tool) are not showing correctly. The Fill setting window is there but not full size: the slider is half visible. The others are not visible at all. They apparently are still there because if I double click, enter a value (e.g., the pixel radius of the stamp tool), then click the tool again, the tool changes correctly.I already tried trashing prefs with the GC utility. Same behavior. I may not have used this part of the toolbox since I upgraded to OS 10.11 but I can't be sure.Thanks for the help.mike
thorstenlemke

Re: Does GC 8.8 have problems with OS 10.11?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mike,GraphicConverter 8 is designed for 10.6 up to 10.9.Apple did change a lot with 10.10 and later.So, please use the current version 9.7.3 on a current MacOS.Thorsten I just noticed that the toobox settings windows (the ones that open when you double click on a tool) are not showing correctly. The Fill setting window is there but not full size: the slider is half visible. The others are not visible at all. They apparently are still there because if I double click, enter a value (e.g., the pixel radius of the stamp tool), then click the tool again, the tool changes correctly.I already tried trashing prefs with the GC utility. Same behavior. I may not have used this part of the toolbox since I upgraded to OS 10.11 but I can't be sure.Thanks for the help.mike