Copy filename to keywords?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
dickonwhitehead

Copy filename to keywords?

Post by dickonwhitehead »

Is it possible to copy filename to keywords as a batch?
Carl von Einem

Re: Copy filename to keywords?

Post by Carl von Einem »

dickonwhitehead@gmail.com [gcmac] wrote on 17.11.15 13:04: > > Is it possible to copy filename to keywords as a batch? > I do this directly from the Terminal with exiftool (which is also used by GraphicConverter). Just download and install the Mac OS X Package from <http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>. This is the command that you can paste (without the "<Drag..." part but followed by a blank) in a Terminal window: exiftool '-mwg:keywords+<filename' <Drag image folder here>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I have currently only copy to caption, objectname …Would that be ok, too?Thorsten Is it possible to copy filename to keywords as a batch?
dickonwhitehead

Thanks Carl I use terminal a little for trouble shooting but have not got my head around exiftool yet, I should look for a guide for that!
dickonwhitehead

Hi Thorsten yes that may work also, what is the process? I have looked through Convert and Modify but nothing obvious there to me.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,just open a browser.Select some files.Press the right mouse button and select action/metadata/copy….Thorsten Hi Thorsten yes that may work also, what is the process? I have looked through Convert and Modify but nothing obvious there to me.