Create a collage

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
mholdgruen

Create a collage

Post by mholdgruen »

I try to create a collage w/ GC. First I create ne new canvas in the desired size, in this case 50cm x 23cm. The white canvas appears. Now I want to copy and place photos on this canvas.Problem one, how to insert the pictures? After trying this and that I found one way, maybe not the best one: open the picture in Mac Preview, copy and past into GC.Problem two - and this is where I am stuck at the moment - the picture is much bigger than the canvas. How to resize the inserted picture? If I use the mouse on the outline I just crop the picture but do not resize it. Any suggestions???Martin
John Hill

Re: Create a collage

Post by John Hill »

I think you need to go to the Picture menu and experiment with size and resolution. Do this picture by picture before you paste them in.John. On 20 Dec 2015, at 12:36, holdgruen@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I try to create a collage w/ GC. First I create ne new canvas in the desired size, in this case 50cm x 23cm. The white canvas appears. Now I want to copy and place photos on this canvas.Problem one, how to insert the pictures? After trying this and that I found one way, maybe not the best one: open the picture in Mac Preview, copy and past into GC.Problem two - and this is where I am stuck at the moment - the picture is much bigger than the canvas. How to resize the inserted picture? If I use the mouse on the outline I just crop the picture but do not resize it. Any suggestions???Martin
thorstenlemke

Re: Create a collage

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,sorry for the delay.Please view my short tutorial movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/basic_collage.mp4 Thorsten I try to create a collage w/ GC. First I create ne new canvas in the desired size, in this case 50cm x 23cm. The white canvas appears. Now I want to copy and place photos on this canvas.Problem one, how to insert the pictures? After trying this and that I found one way, maybe not the best one: open the picture in Mac Preview, copy and past into GC.Problem two - and this is where I am stuck at the moment - the picture is much bigger than the canvas. How to resize the inserted picture? If I use the mouse on the outline I just crop the picture but do not resize it. Any suggestions???Martin