Slide Show to Animated GIF

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Ameeti

Slide Show to Animated GIF

Post by Robert Ameeti »

A slide show can be created by selecting Slide Show… from the File menu, then selecting multiple files from the Open Dialog, then clicking to move from the first to the last slide.Can I create a slide show of multiple pics and turn them into an Animated GIF (that continuously cycles through the pics)?(Some kind of artsy transition is what I am seeking.) Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866
thorstenlemke

Re: Slide Show to Animated GIF

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,just use convert and modify.Select GIF as file format.Select in the option create animation.Select the source files.Go.But please note: GIFs are limited to 256 colors. So, the quality of photos may be bad.Thorsten A slide show can be created by selecting Slide Show… from the File menu, then selecting multiple files from the Open Dialog, then clicking to move from the first to the last slide.Can I create a slide show of multiple pics and turn them into an Animated GIF (that continuously cycles through the pics)?(Some kind of artsy transition is what I am seeking.)
Robert Ameeti

Post by Robert Ameeti »

I am not seeing ‘animation’ in the behind the Options button. Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 15, 2016, at 11:08 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,just use convert and modify.Select GIF as file format.Select in the option create animation.Select the source files.Go.But please note: GIFs are limited to 256 colors. So, the quality of photos may be bad.ThorstenA slide show can be created by selecting Slide Show… from the File menu, then selecting multiple files from the Open Dialog, then clicking to move from the first to the last slide.Can I create a slide show of multiple pics and turn them into an Animated GIF (that continuously cycles through the pics)?(Some kind of artsy transition is what I am seeking.)
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,sorry, it is currently names “Create movie”.Will be changed.Thorsten I am not seeing ‘animation’ in the behind the Options button.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 
Robert Ameeti

Re: Slide Show to Animated GIF [1 Attachment]

Post by Robert Ameeti »

Not yet successful.  :-(Starting with GC open but with no windows open, I select Convert & Modify from File menu.Function: ConvertDestination Format: GIF Options: Create Movie, Transparent, Loop, Center small framesThe ‘Use Batch’ is unchecked.From the center ‘From’ window, I select 3 files (which are all GIF type). The ‘To’ window is set to same directory.I press ‘Done’.Not sure what to do next. No request for new .gif file name.If I then select Slide Show from the Toolbar, I can display a 1 time slide show (as if I am needing to do a presentation.) I can also 'Export to Movie…’ which does result in the ability to name a file with .mov extension which is then a movie of the 3 selected files.I want an animated .gif of the 3 files.What am I missing? Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 15, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Hello,sorry, it is currently names “Create movie”.Will be changed.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 08.46.53.png>I am not seeing ‘animation’ in the behind the Options button.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,do not press Done. Click Go in the lower left hand section of the window.Regards, Hagen Henke Am 16 Feb 2016 um 17:28 schrieb Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Not yet successful.  :-(Starting with GC open but with no windows open, I select Convert & Modify from File menu.Function: ConvertDestination Format: GIF Options: Create Movie, Transparent, Loop, Center small framesThe ‘Use Batch’ is unchecked.From the center ‘From’ window, I select 3 files (which are all GIF type). The ‘To’ window is set to same directory.I press ‘Done’.Not sure what to do next. No request for new .gif file name.If I then select Slide Show from the Toolbar, I can display a 1 time slide show (as if I am needing to do a presentation.) I can also 'Export to Movie…’ which does result in the ability to name a file with .mov extension which is then a movie of the 3 selected files.I want an animated .gif of the 3 files.What am I missing?Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866On Feb 15, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Hello,sorry, it is currently names “Create movie”.Will be changed.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 08.46.53.png>I am not seeing ‘animation’ in the behind the Options button.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 
Robert Ameeti

Post by Robert Ameeti »

So sorry to be slow on this…I have 3 files selected in the 'From:’  window. Pressing ‘Go’ results in 3 dialogs for me to name those same files with a .gif extension.I do not have ‘Use Batch’ checked. I have no items in the 'Batch Table’ list.My desire is for the 3 files that I have selected in the ‘From:’ window to end up in a single animated .gif file that loops through those 3 files with some sort of animation similar to what results from selecting the Slide Show pop down in the Toolbar. Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 16, 2016, at 9:22 AM, Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,do not press Done. Click Go in the lower left hand section of the window.Regards, Hagen HenkeAm 16 Feb 2016 um 17:28 schrieb Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Not yet successful.  :-(Starting with GC open but with no windows open, I select Convert & Modify from File menu.Function: ConvertDestination Format: GIF Options: Create Movie, Transparent, Loop, Center small framesThe ‘Use Batch’ is unchecked.From the center ‘From’ window, I select 3 files (which are all GIF type). The ‘To’ window is set to same directory.I press ‘Done’.Not sure what to do next. No request for new .gif file name.If I then select Slide Show from the Toolbar, I can display a 1 time slide show (as if I am needing to do a presentation.) I can also 'Export to Movie…’ which does result in the ability to name a file with .mov extension which is then a movie of the 3 selected files.I want an animated .gif of the 3 files.What am I missing?Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866On Feb 15, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Hello,sorry, it is currently names “Create movie”.Will be changed.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 08.46.53.png>I am not seeing ‘animation’ in the behind the Options button.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 
Hagen Henke

Post by Hagen Henke »

Please email me with the 3 files directly hagen.henke@gmx.de. You could also try to use a different folder as destination folder.Regards, Hagen ---Hagen HenkeDresdner Str. 2601662 Meia�enTel: 03521 / 71 77 494Mobil: 0151 / 524 789 21www.fotoservice-henke.de Am 16.02.2016 um 19:09 schrieb Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:So sorry to be slow on this…I have 3 files selected in the 'From:’  window. Pressing ‘Go’ results in 3 dialogs for me to name those same files with a .gif extension.I do not have ‘Use Batch’ checked. I have no items in the 'Batch Table’ list.My desire is for the 3 files that I have selected in the ‘From:’ window to end up in a single animated .gif file that loops through those 3 files with some sort of animation similar to what results from selecting the Slide Show pop down in the Toolbar.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866On Feb 16, 2016, at 9:22 AM, Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,do not press Done. Click Go in the lower left hand section of the window.Regards, Hagen HenkeAm 16 Feb 2016 um 17:28 schrieb Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Not yet successful.  :-(Starting with GC open but with no windows open, I select Convert & Modify from File menu.Function: ConvertDestination Format: GIF Options: Create Movie, Transparent, Loop, Center small framesThe ‘Use Batch’ is unchecked.From the center ‘From’ window, I select 3 files (which are all GIF type). The ‘To’ window is set to same directory.I press ‘Done’.Not sure what to do next. No request for new .gif file name.If I then select Slide Show from the Toolbar, I can display a 1 time slide show (as if I am needing to do a presentation.) I can also 'Export to Movie…’ which does result in the ability to name a file with .mov extension which is then a movie of the 3 selected files.I want an animated .gif of the 3 files.What am I missing?Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866On Feb 15, 2016, at 11:47 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Hello,sorry, it is currently names “Create movie”.Will be changed.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 08.46.53.png>I am not seeing ‘animation’ in the behind the Options button.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 
tony@you-me-and-us.com

Unable to undo in 8.8

Post by tony@you-me-and-us.com »

I’ve started using the copy of 8.8.3 bought a year or two back, as 5.9.5 is no longer able to work with OS10.11. (it kinda hobbled along with OS10.6.8). I’m not sure whether 8.8 will prove more accurate on a new computer and a new operating system, but it appears to be completely unusable, because the Undo and Redo commands in the Edit menu are greyed out and unavailable. The F.A.Q.’s offer an explanation: > 3. The program does not support Undo and Redo on my computer > > Please enter the options dialog and see the Other tab window, make sure that all the directory are existing. You may reset the directory. If the directories are wrong or nonsexist, the Undo and Redo would be lost. But I have no ‘options dialog’ so far as I can see? What should I do? Best regards, Tony.
thorstenlemke

Re: Unable to undo in 8.8

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,GraphicConverter 8 is much older. It was sold until November 2013.I checked our database and found your purchase from October 28, 2010. So, more than 5 years ago.You need for MacOS 10.11 or later the current version 9. Because Apple did change many APIs and toolboxes.Thorsten I’ve started using the copy of 8.8.3 bought a year or two back, as 5.9.5 is no longer able to work with OS10.11. (it kinda hobbled along with OS10.6.8).I’m not sure whether 8.8 will prove more accurate on a new computer and a new operating system, but it appears to be completely unusable, because the Undo and Redo commands in the Edit menu are greyed out and unavailable.