Slide Show to Animated GIF

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
tony@you-me-and-us.com

Re: Unable to undo in 8.8

Post by tony@you-me-and-us.com »

Hi Thorsten, GraphicConverter 8 is much older. It was sold until November 2013.I checked our database and found your purchase from October 28, 2010. So, more than 5 years ago.Although, alas, I’ve never been able to use it!You need for MacOS 10.11 or later the current version 9. Because Apple did change many APIs and toolboxes.I just downloaded the trial version (as I should have done with v. 8).  It seems to offer none of the functions I use?  So I can’t check it out.Oh well…Best regards, T.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,which function from the V6 is missing in the V9?Thorsten I just downloaded the trial version (as I should have done with v. 8).  It seems to offer none of the functions I use?  So I can’t check it out.Oh well…
thorstenlemke

Re: Slide Show to Animated GIF

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Robert,please view my short tutorial:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/animation.mp4Thorsten So sorry to be slow on this…I have 3 files selected in the 'From:’  window. Pressing ‘Go’ results in 3 dialogs for me to name those same files with a .gif extension.I do not have ‘Use Batch’ checked. I have no items in the 'Batch Table’ list.My desire is for the 3 files that I have selected in the ‘From:’ window to end up in a single animated .gif file that loops through those 3 files with some sort of animation similar to what results from selecting the Slide Show pop down in the Toolbar.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866
Robert Ameeti

Post by Robert Ameeti »

Wonderful.For your future support knowledge, my confusion was due to the animated gif file looking exactly like any other gif file as it only showed me the single 1st image. If there were some way to indicate that that file was an animated gif (perhaps a Play button underneath it), the confusion might not so easily occur.One final question. Why does the first image in the animated gif not get its full second but is instead raced past but each of the 2nd and 3rd frame do get their full second? Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 16, 2016, at 10:30 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Robert,please view my short tutorial:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/animation.mp4ThorstenSo sorry to be slow on this…I have 3 files selected in the 'From:’  window. Pressing ‘Go’ results in 3 dialogs for me to name those same files with a .gif extension.I do not have ‘Use Batch’ checked. I have no items in the 'Batch Table’ list.My desire is for the 3 files that I have selected in the ‘From:’ window to end up in a single animated .gif file that loops through those 3 files with some sort of animation similar to what results from selecting the Slide Show pop down in the Toolbar.Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866
thorstenlemke

Re: Slide Show to Animated GIF [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,which value did you enter as delay?Thorsten One final question. Why does the first image in the animated gif not get its full second but is instead raced past but each of the 2nd and 3rd frame do get their full second?
Robert Ameeti

Post by Robert Ameeti »

I believe it was the default.The Delay is 1.00 sLoop (endless) Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 16, 2016, at 10:45 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,which value did you enter as delay?ThorstenOne final question. Why does the first image in the animated gif not get its full second but is instead raced past but each of the 2nd and 3rd frame do get their full second?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,hmm, the first frame has only a delay of 0.1s. I will recheck the creation process.Thorsten I believe it was the default.The Delay is 1.00 sLoop (endless)
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,I just rechecked with the current 9.7.5. It worked perfectly.Do you use the current 9.7.5?Thorsten I believe it was the default.The Delay is 1.00 sLoop (endless)_,_._,___
Robert Ameeti

Re: Slide Show to Animated GIF [1 Attachment]

Post by Robert Ameeti »

Yes I am using 9.7.5My quick work around was to Duplicate the first picture so that the combination of the 2 identical pictures allows for the .1 sec display to not be noticed.I have created a gif with 7 pictures and the first flashes by.Duplicating that 1st picture so that I have 8 .png files of 7 people is working for me.Thank you so very much for your help. Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Feb 16, 2016, at 10:57 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Thorsten Lemke included below]Hi Robert,I just rechecked with the current 9.7.5. It worked perfectly.Do you use the current 9.7.5?Thorsten<AberCr1001.86x100.gif>I believe it was the default.The Delay is 1.00 sLoop (endless)_,_._,___
tony@you-me-and-us.com

Post by tony@you-me-and-us.com »

Hi Thorsten, which function from the V6 is missing in the V9?Er… everything except converting files.  No toolbox, only four menu items.It calls itself AppleMacSoft Graphic Converter for Mac.  V. 1.3.1In the first menu column after the Apple menu it writes “GraphicConverter” (without the space).Is this some kind of impostor?Best regards, T.