Adobe Reader PDF v8

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
tmcdanel

Adobe Reader PDF v8

Post by tmcdanel »

Attachments :Blank_EQIP_application.pdfMacbook Pro - Mac OSX v10.11.4 - GC 9.7.5I am getting the following message from both Mac Preview and GC v9: "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms and policy-protected documents.  Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms and policy-protected documents How to open XFA-based PDF forms with Adobe LiveCycle View on www.adobe.com Preview by Yahoo  "I attached the culprit file, if that helps. It surprises me that neither GC nor Preview can open it. Is there something else going on?I have long detested Adobe software, even Reader. Adobe software is intrusive, bloated, and badly engineered in general.Is there a work around?
Clifton Patrick

Re: Adobe Reader PDF v8 [1 Attachment]

Post by Clifton Patrick »

According to Boston University’s “Dynamic Form Help” page: > While PDF documents can be safely opened in third party software, dynamic PDF Forms require the official Adobe Software. Third Party programs do not support advanced Form features. http://www.bu.edu/otd/forms-resources/forms/help/ I’m guessing that this is a “dynamic PDF form.” It opened ok using Adobe Reader XI. Good luck, Clif > On Apr 7, 2016, at 8:26 PM, tmcdanel@fastmail.fm [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > [Attachment(s) from tmcdanel@fastmail.fm [gcmac] included below] > > Macbook Pro - Mac OSX v10.11.4 - GC 9.7.5 > > > > I am getting the following message from both Mac Preview and GC v9: > > > > > "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. > > For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms and policy-protected documents. > > Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms and policy-protected documents > How to open XFA-based PDF forms with Adobe LiveCycle > View on www.adobe.com > Preview by Yahoo > > " > > > > I attached the culprit file, if that helps. It surprises me that neither GC nor Preview can open it. Is there something else going on? > > > > I have long detested Adobe software, even Reader. Adobe software is intrusive, bloated, and badly engineered in general. > > > > Is there a work around? > > > > >
Rick Hertzberg

Re: Adobe Reader PDF v8

Post by Rick Hertzberg »

If you dislike Adobe's intrusive presence (persistent updates) and not interested in the new DC version that forces you to allow automatic updating, try installing an older copy, pre DC days. Like Clif, I could open it with Reader XI. There might be some ability online for opening it- via Google or MS? Good luck,Rick On Apr 7, 2016, at 8:43 PM, Clifton Patrick clifpatrick@optimum.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   According to Boston University’s “Dynamic Form Help” page: > While PDF documents can be safely opened in third party software, dynamic PDF Forms require the official Adobe Software. Third Party programs do not support advanced Form features. http://www.bu.edu/otd/forms-resources/forms/help/ I’m guessing that this is a “dynamic PDF form.” It opened ok using Adobe Reader XI. Good luck, Clif > On Apr 7, 2016, at 8:26 PM, tmcdanel@fastmail.fm [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > [Attachment(s) from tmcdanel@fastmail.fm [gcmac] included below] > > Macbook Pro - Mac OSX v10.11.4 - GC 9.7.5 > > > > I am getting the following message from both Mac Preview and GC v9: > > > > > "The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. > > For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms and policy-protected documents. > > Display issues for XFA-based PDF forms and policy-protected documents > How to open XFA-based PDF forms with Adobe LiveCycle > View on www.adobe.com > Preview by Yahoo > > " > > > > I attached the culprit file, if that helps. It surprises me that neither GC nor Preview can open it. Is there something else going on? > > > > I have long detested Adobe software, even Reader. Adobe software is intrusive, bloated, and badly engineered in general. > > > > Is there a work around? > > > > >