ting from .pdf to .txt possible with GC?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
eligurwayne

ting from .pdf to .txt possible with GC?

Post by eligurwayne »

I,  at times need to fill out forms and electronically [sign] them.Now I have a large form that I need to type out a lot of information then sign it somehow.It is in a .pdf file - I want to make this addressable and write-able, somehow.I used to hav a free app. that lets one sign on touch pad, also.Does GC convert files as I mention?
Dominick Issi

Re: ting from .pdf to .txt possible with GC?

Post by Dominick Issi »

You might want to look at Adobe Acrobat Pro or PDF Expert. It’d save you a WHOLE lot of time and effort.Enjoy///Dominick On Apr 8, 2016, at 10:37 AM, eligurwayne@yahoo.ca [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I,  at times need to fill out forms and electronically [sign] them.Now I have a large form that I need to type out a lot of information then sign it somehow.It is in a .pdf file - I want to make this addressable and write-able, somehow.I used to hav a free app. that lets one sign on touch pad, also.Does GC convert files as I mention?
James Plante

Post by James Plante »

On Apr 8, 2016, at 9:37 AM, eligurwayne@yahoo.ca [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I,  at times need to fill out forms and electronically [sign] them.Now I have a large form that I need to type out a lot of information then sign it somehow.It is in a .pdf file - I want to make this addressable and write-able, somehow.I used to hav a free app. that lets one sign on touch pad, also.Does GC convert files as I mention?No, GC doesn’t convert them the way you want them converted. It may open them, but it will be as a picture.To get what you want, for free, go to www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html  then install Acrobat Reader DC according to the instructions for your platform and OS. It will allow you to type into form fields and it will allow you to sign them. One use that GC excels at is making signatures. Sign a blank sheet of paper, and either scan the sig or take a picture of it. Open it in GC and change the background to transparent (you’ll have to add an alpha channel for that). Crop it to the minimum size rectangle. Save it as a PNG, because JPEG doesn’t allow transparency. Then you can simply drop this transparent PNG wherever a sig is needed. With a transparent background, the ascenders and descenders in your sig can overwrite the text above and below the signature line. This offers a limited amount of security against copying, but nothing is foolproof; this only makes it more difficult to copy.
eligurwayne

Post by eligurwayne »

appreciate this info!