HP 3180 Scanner

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Chris Barker

Re: obsolete scanner

Post by Chris Barker »

That’s amazing, Mike.I suppose that you have checked with Ed that he doesn’t cover it?Chris On 24 Apr 2016, at 07:12, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Sadly, only almost always true……..I have a scanner I really like and Vuescan can’t help me with it. It still needs the factory drivers for it and the factory has dropped it for that model.But….. I went Pro level with them and its been great with my other scanner, much better than the original maker software was. As for that other one I can’t use with Vuescan, I’m setting up an older OS version boot drive that does allow me to use that scanner and another major app that requires that older OS to function for the same abandoned reasons.I’m grateful that Mac-OS makes it easy to do so and still keep the maker abandoned hardware and software usable.
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Not within the last several months, and never directly. It’s specifically exclusion listed with a detailed explanation of why on the website. I think I recall that its a matter of Canon never updating that scanner's 32-bit Mac driver to the later 64-bit OS's…. I found a number of posts on-line scattered around the Web of the problem with this scanner.But what the heck, I have an older laptop I can use it on and I can install an older OS for the almost contemporary hardware I have and still use that scanner. I might even use the older version of VueScan on that OS for the abandoned scanner. Best to ya,Mike BauersMilwaukee, Wi On Apr 24, 2016, at 5:53 AM, Chris Barker wrote:That’s amazing, Mike.I suppose that you have checked with Ed that he doesn’t cover it?ChrisOn 24 Apr 2016, at 07:12, Mike Bauers wrote:Sadly, only almost always true……..I have a scanner I really like and Vuescan can’t help me with it. It still needs the factory drivers for it and the factory has dropped it for that model.But….. I went Pro level with them and its been great with my other scanner, much better than the original maker software was. As for that other one I can’t use with Vuescan, I’m setting up an older OS version boot drive that does allow me to use that scanner and another major app that requires that older OS to function for the same abandoned reasons.I’m grateful that Mac-OS makes it easy to do so and still keep the maker abandoned hardware and software usable.
Tjarko D. Holtjer

Post by Tjarko D. Holtjer »

I downloaded VueScan… It keeps on using ‘old’ scanners… Tjarko