window position

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
rugbam

window position

Post by rugbam »

How can I get GC to always open a window in the screen center,and not by default in the upper left hand corner?
Christopher Stone

Re: window position

Post by Christopher Stone »

On Apr 29, 2016, at 12:46, rugbam@yahoo.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: How can I get GC to always open a window in the screen center, and not by default in the upper left hand corner?______________________________________________________________________Hey There,I don't think there's any built-in method, but it can be scripted.Give the script a keyboard shortcut in the system keyboard prefs and then you can center your window with a keystroke.(This script only works with a single monitor set-up, although that can be changed.)--Best Regards,Chris-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------set deskBounds to desktopBounds()set item 2 of deskBounds to 23set {sX1, sY1, sX2, sY2} to deskBoundstell application "GraphicConverter 9"  if front window exists then    set {gX1, gY1, gX2, gY2} to bounds of front window    set winWidth to gX2 - gX1    set winHeight to gY2 - gY1    set newX1 to (sX2 / 2 - winWidth / 2) as integer    set newY1 to (((sY2 + 23) / 2) - (winHeight / 2)) as integer    set newX2 to (newX1 + winWidth) as integer    set newY2 to (newY1 + winHeight) as integer        set bounds of front window to {newX1, newY1, newX2, newY2}      else    error "No window is open in GraphicConverter!"  end ifend tell---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------» HANDLERS-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------on desktopBounds()  tell application "Finder"    set _bnds to bounds of window of desktop    return _bnds  end tellend desktopBounds-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,GraphicConverter 10 will offer this option.Thorsten How can I get GC to always open a window in the screen center,and not by default in the upper left hand corner?
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

Excellent…. That sort of control was part of the Amiga. I’ve long wished that it would be implemented on the newer systems. Best to ya, Mike Bauers Milwaukee, Wi > On Apr 30, 2016, at 2:06 AM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: > > > > Hi, > > GraphicConverter 10 will offer this option. > > Thorsten >> >> >> How can I get GC to always open a window in the screen center,and not by default in the upper left hand corner?