GC 10 Changes?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
gold7181

GC 10 Changes?

Post by gold7181 »

I may have missed it if you sent it out earlier, but I can't find it if so...It would be useful to have a list of the New Features and what's changed from GC 9  so we can test the new stuff out....Steve Gold
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10 Changes?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Steve,here is a short list:New features:• face detection (with small faces database), database can be used to assign i.e. keywords (names) to the images• support for reading and writing of face rectangles and names written compatible to the metadataworkinggroup scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by Picasa) and the Microsoft standard scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by MS Gallery)• collage function• picture package function• select layers of pdfs (layer menu)• go to position in movie dialog• action to remove Finder Tags• reverse animation• append reversed animation to animation• BLP export• Auto Rotation to correct small rotations from the horizon• detection of Apple Live Photos• context menu items to convert Apple Live Photos to a GIF animation• Photos extension• RSR and RSRC from data fork import (support of many old resource types)• custom brush support• virtual rotation of files in the browser with the exif orientation tag• File Info dialog inside browser: PageUp key does set the field to the content of the last edited file• PGF import• convert animation to filmstrip• option to disable fullscreen support• smart cut• display of grid w/o snap• batch crop as percentage• optional display of ratio in browser• optional display of possible print quality in browser• function to extract mp4 cover art images• function to assign mp4 covert art images as custom icon• APNG (Animated PNG) export• added “Movie to Animation conversion” options dialog• option change of folder in browser at the beginning/end of the file list with the cursor keys• option to open last/recent browsers automatically in flat view• added support for reading/writing XMP metadata in the browser to pdf, eps, ps, ai files• new scaling algorithm “Next Neighbour”• function to export the complete photos database to a flat folder structure• option to open only first frame of animated GIFs• basic BigTIFF import• Sort files into subfolders by aspect ratio (browser context/action menu)• Added function “Export Image Dimensions into “dimensions.txt” file to convert and modify• function to check and correct the extensions of files in convert and modify• round rect effect• clear space function• context menu entry to enable/disable xmp pano viewer• opening of vcard (.vcf) images • batch function to scale large vcard images to max. 200 pixels• option to change default window position to centered• support for font faces in text palette• display of movie GPS data (if available) - requires 10.10 or later• torn edge effect• option to change parallax of red/cyan anaglyphs• batch creation from selection (context menu) I may have missed it if you sent it out earlier, but I can't find it if so...It would be useful to have a list of the New Features and what's changed from GC 9  so we can test the new stuff out....Steve Gold
J S

Re: GC 10 Changes?

Post by J S »

All I can say is amazing.  I don't know which is more impressive between your willingness to always be there for us or that GC is about to turn 10.  I'm only an occasional user but I remember the way back versions which I used just to convert graphics, lol.  I don't know where the ideas for all the "new" stuff came from but keep on going please.  Again, well done and thanks. Jim On 5/8/16 10:58 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote:   Dear Steve, here is a short list: New features: • face detection (with small faces database), database can be used to assign i.e. keywords (names) to the images • support for reading and writing of face rectangles and names written compatible to the metadataworkinggroup scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by Picasa) and the Microsoft standard scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by MS Gallery) • collage function • picture package function • select layers of pdfs (layer menu) • go to position in movie dialog • action to remove Finder Tags • reverse animation • append reversed animation to animation • BLP export • Auto Rotation to correct small rotations from the horizon • detection of Apple Live Photos • context menu items to convert Apple Live Photos to a GIF animation • Photos extension • RSR and RSRC from data fork import (support of many old resource types) • custom brush support • virtual rotation of files in the browser with the exif orientation tag • File Info dialog inside browser: PageUp key does set the field to the content of the last edited file • PGF import • convert animation to filmstrip • option to disable fullscreen support • smart cut • display of grid w/o snap • batch crop as percentage • optional display of ratio in browser • optional display of possible print quality in browser • function to extract mp4 cover art images • function to assign mp4 covert art images as custom icon • APNG (Animated PNG) export • added “Movie to Animation conversion” options dialog • option change of folder in browser at the beginning/end of the file list with the cursor keys • option to open last/recent browsers automatically in flat view • added support for reading/writing XMP metadata in the browser to pdf, eps, ps, ai files • new scaling algorithm “Next Neighbour” • function to export the complete photos database to a flat folder structure • option to open only first frame of animated GIFs • basic BigTIFF import • Sort files into subfolders by aspect ratio (browser context/action menu) • Added function “Export Image Dimensions into “dimensions.txt” file to convert and modify • function to check and correct the extensions of files in convert and modify • round rect effect • clear space function • context menu entry to enable/disable xmp pano viewer • opening of vcard (.vcf) images  • batch function to scale large vcard images to max. 200 pixels • option to change default window position to centered • support for font faces in text palette • display of movie GPS data (if available) - requires 10.10 or later • torn edge effect • option to change parallax of red/cyan anaglyphs • batch creation from selection (context menu) I may have missed it if you sent it out earlier, but I can't find it if so... It would be useful to have a list of the New Features and what's changed from GC 9  so we can test the new stuff out. ...Steve Gold