Re: Fw: new message

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Bucky Junior

Re: GC10 upgrade

Post by Bucky Junior »

GREAT BEANS!I get to send Herr Lemke a small amount of money again. It seems as if it has been such a long time since I have done so. I know that the time between V8 and V9 must have been years.I have been a GC fan since about version 4.3 and I will not spend much time at a computer without having quick access to Herr Lemke’s Graphic Converter. I know that the relatively small amount being asked to support this program will be almost noting compared to the value I will receive.BuckySun May 15, 2016 12:22 am (PDT) “Thorsten Lemke” posted yes, that will be a payable upgrade.Thorsten> > > just double checking…is GC10 a payable upgrade ?> 
Zalman Lazkowicz

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

YES, Thorsten is BEST!!! ;-) On 15 May 2016, at 11:52 PM, Bucky Junior buckyjunior@comcast.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:GREAT BEANS!I get to send Herr Lemke a small amount of money again. It seems as if it has been such a long time since I have done so. I know that the time between V8 and V9 must have been years.I have been a GC fan since about version 4.3 and I will not spend much time at a computer without having quick access to Herr Lemke’s Graphic Converter. I know that the relatively small amount being asked to support this program will be almost noting compared to the value I will receive.BuckySun May 15, 2016 12:22 am (PDT) “Thorsten Lemke” postedyes, that will be a payable upgrade.Thorsten> > > just double checking…is GC10 a payable upgrade ?> 
Tony Higgins

Post by Tony Higgins »

Worth every cent every time!Tony On 16 May 2016, at 08:23, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   YES, Thorsten is BEST!!! ;-)On 15 May 2016, at 11:52 PM, Bucky Junior buckyjunior@comcast.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:GREAT BEANS!I get to send Herr Lemke a small amount of money again. It seems as if it has been such a long time since I have done so. I know that the time between V8 and V9 must have been years.I have been a GC fan since about version 4.3 and I will not spend much time at a computer without having quick access to Herr Lemke’s Graphic Converter. I know that the relatively small amount being asked to support this program will be almost noting compared to the value I will receive.BuckySun May 15, 2016 12:22 am (PDT) “Thorsten Lemke” postedyes, that will be a payable upgrade.Thorsten> > > just double checking…is GC10 a payable upgrade ?> 
T.L. Miller

Post by T.L. Miller »

On 5/16/16, at 3:35 PM, erpol erpol@mclink.it [gcmac] gcmac@yahoogroups.com said: >What if I show you my version 3.6 Key, or V6' and V9' (funny, I can't >find V7 and V8 keys)? ;-) I don't know when I first started using GraphicConverter, but it was way back on System 7. I also had some graphic software from a German developer that was called GifConverter. Thorsten told me once that he was not familiar with it. Tom Miller .................................................. "The only time we see the middle of the road is as we run from side to side." R.O.Clark ...................................................
Alexander v. Below

Post by Alexander v. Below »

Same here: It must have been somewhere around System seven that I bought my first GC license, and it has proven itself in countless situations. How long has GC been on the market now? 25 years? Excited to get the new version! Alex Von meinem iPhone gesendet > Am 16.05.2016 um 20:49 schrieb 'T.L. Miller' tom@tlmiller.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: > > On 5/16/16, at 3:35 PM, erpol erpol@mclink.it [gcmac] gcmac@yahoogroups.com said: > >> What if I show you my version 3.6 Key, or V6' and V9' (funny, I can't >> find V7 and V8 keys)? ;-) > > I don't know when I first started using GraphicConverter, but it was way back on System 7. I also had some graphic software from a German developer that was called GifConverter. Thorsten told me once that he was not familiar with it. > > > Tom Miller > .................................................. > "The only time we see the middle of the road is as > we run from side to side." R.O.Clark > ................................................... > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ > Posted by: "T.L. Miller" <tom@tlmiller.net> > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
Hagen Henke

Re: Enlarging

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,sorry to tell you: there is no software that can do magic. The quality you already reached I think is the maximum possible. I am in professional layout and photography and what we usually do is to go for a new shot of that product or print it much smaller.Regards, Hagen Henke Am 14.05.2016 um 06:59 schrieb Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:I’m trying to enlarge a 740x620 px image(book cover) to at least 3400x3000 at 300 dpi. That’s for printing.I used two applications to enlarge an image. One is SmillaEnlarger and another one from App Store.Smilla has only one interpolation method. The other application has at least 20 interpolations methods.I tried them all. Then I used GC, B-Spline. The result was almost identical to other two. Not bad, but I need something better.Anybody knows if HQ Enlarger (in App Store)does a better job ?There is also PhotoZoom and another one, but at $80 no way.Thanks!
Peter Fackelmann

Post by Peter Fackelmann »

Attachments :I foundSuper Resize by Wolfgang Antewhich does a satisfying job.RegardsPeter Am 17.05.2016 um 16:54 schrieb Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Hello,sorry to tell you: there is no software that can do magic. The quality you already reached I think is the maximum possible. I am in professional layout and photography and what we usually do is to go for a new shot of that product or print it much smaller.Regards, Hagen HenkeAm 14.05.2016 um 06:59 schrieb Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:I’m trying to enlarge a 740x620 px image(book cover) to at least 3400x3000 at 300 dpi. That’s for printing.I used two applications to enlarge an image. One is SmillaEnlarger and another one from App Store.Smilla has only one interpolation method. The other application has at least 20 interpolations methods.I tried them all. Then I used GC, B-Spline. The result was almost identical to other two. Not bad, but I need something better.Anybody knows if HQ Enlarger (in App Store)does a better job ?There is also PhotoZoom and another one, but at $80 no way.Thanks!
Al Treder

Post by Al Treder »

Peter,Hagen is absolutely correct, but if you found a satisfying solution to your enlargement problem, note that your solution does not give you the same quality in a larger size. At least, not in the terms photographers and layout people use. What you have is a larger area covered by the same image, with no additional detail in the small parts of the image. That can be satisfying in some circumstances, especially if all you want is to provide a satisfactory view from a greater viewing distance. If your solution is satisfactory even from a close viewing distance, it is because you like the way the image was changed;  so then it's not the same image at higher quality so it can be larger, but a larger image that's different but looks good.Al Treder -----Original Message----- From: "Peter Fackelmann pfackelmann@gmx.net [gcmac]" Sent: May 17, 2016 9:22 AM To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [gcmac] Enlarging I foundSuper Resize by Wolfgang Antewhich does a satisfying job.RegardsPeterAm 17.05.2016 um 16:54 schrieb Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Hello,sorry to tell you: there is no software that can do magic. The quality you already reached I think is the maximum possible. I am in professional layout and photography and what we usually do is to go for a new shot of that product or print it much smaller.Regards, Hagen HenkeAm 14.05.2016 um 06:59 schrieb Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:I’m trying to enlarge a 740x620 px image(book cover) to at least 3400x3000 at 300 dpi. That’s for printing.I used two applications to enlarge an image. One is SmillaEnlarger and another one from App Store.Smilla has only one interpolation method. The other application has at least 20 interpolations methods.I tried them all. Then I used GC, B-Spline. The result was almost identical to other two. Not bad, but I need something better.Anybody knows if HQ Enlarger (in App Store)does a better job ?There is also PhotoZoom and another one, but at $80 no way.Thanks!Al Treder \r\G&C Engineer\Artistic Photographer\http://altreder.photoshelter.com\\altre ... thlink.net
Steve Barbour

Post by Steve Barbour »

> On May 17, 2016, at 11:34 AM, Al Treder altreder@earthlink.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > > Peter, > > Hagen is absolutely correct, but if you found a satisfying solution to your enlargement problem, note that your solution does not give you the same quality in a larger size. At least, not in the terms photographers and layout people use. What you have is a larger area covered by the same image, with no additional detail in the small parts of the image. That can be satisfying in some circumstances, especially if all you want is to provide a satisfactory view from a greater viewing distance. If your solution is satisfactory even from a close viewing distance, it is because you like the way the image was changed; so then it's not the same image at higher quality so it can be larger, but a larger image that's different but looks good. > > Al Treder I totally agree with Al, as it’s an illusion, it looks good and I congratulate you, what is the name of the program ? It is making something from nothing, so it’s successful for this image, this suggests another question, a program of this sort may work well for an imaged, will it work successfully for other images? Or is this very image dependent? steve > -----Original Message----- > From: "Peter Fackelmann pfackelmann@gmx.net [gcmac]" > Sent: May 17, 2016 9:22 AM > To: gcmac@yahoogroups.com > Subject: Re: [gcmac] Enlarging > > I found > > Super Resize by Wolfgang Ante > > which does a satisfying job. > > Regards > > Peter > > >> Am 17.05.2016 um 16:54 schrieb Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: >> >> >> >> Hello, >> >> sorry to tell you: there is no software that can do magic. The quality you already reached I think is the maximum possible. I am in professional layout and photography and what we usually do is to go for a new shot of that product or print it much smaller. >> >> Regards, Hagen Henke >> >> >> >> >>> Am 14.05.2016 um 06:59 schrieb Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>: >>> >>> I’m trying to enlarge a 740x620 px image(book cover) to at least 3400x3000 at 300 dpi. That’s for printing. >>> I used two applications to enlarge an image. One is SmillaEnlarger and another one from App Store. >>> Smilla has only one interpolation method. The other application has at least 20 interpolations methods. >>> I tried them all. Then I used GC, B-Spline. The result was almost identical to other two. Not bad, but I need something better. >>> Anybody knows if HQ Enlarger (in App Store)does a better job ? >>> There is also PhotoZoom and another one, but at $80 no way. >>> Thanks! >>> >> >> >> > > > Al Treder \r\G&C Engineer\Artistic Photographer\http://altreder.photoshelter.com\\altre ... thlink.net > > > >
Wayne Eligur

Post by Wayne Eligur »

That program I cannot get to work... the Enlarging one.... on the App Store.GC has the ability to increase 'resolution' if you blow up the image and use a combination of core filters /blur/masked variable blurthen use: core filters/noise reductionthere is a subroutine [loop] apparently now, that sharpens and pulls pixels better into focus...And this addition was in later versions of GC9. The menus always are getting longer and I have to figure out what each new function is for..I get an impression NASA writes some of this processes because of what it does to their own images. And that my local University  -  University of Arizona [Mars Exploration Center] actually told me that they all use Apple and all have GC installed when I asked them in 2006.They supposedly coordinate Mars Missions Curiosity, Mars Hi-Rise, Mars Orbiting Camera and others.http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.eduPhoenix Mars Mission - Home       Phoenix Mars Mission - HomePhoenix Mars Lander Is Silent, New Image Shows Damage May 25, 2010 NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander has ended operations after repeated attempts to contact the ...View on phoenix.lpl.arizona.eduPreview by Yahoo Mars Mission Red All Over       Mars Mission Red All OverOn August 5, 2012, at 10:32 pm PDT, a landing signal that had been sent 14 minutes earlier from the surface of Mars finally reached Earth, confirming that the robot...View on www.arizona.eduPreview by Yahoo