GC 10 - Faces/Help

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
watcombeman

GC 10 - Faces/Help

Post by watcombeman »

I have been playing with the new Faces facility. While I think I more or less understand how it works through experimentation, I thought I'd consult Help. So I clicked on it and was invited to download the help file.No problem when doing this, and I am still reading it, but I was surprised that Spotlight couldn't find it. Where is it hiding? Is it somewhere in the Preferences folder?This prompted a second question - where does GC 10 keep the database of named faces? Shall I have to keep setting this up or can future versions access it? Preferences again, perhaps?John.
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10 - Faces/Help

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello John,I store the manual under ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/DocumentationI store the faces under ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/FacesThat is the default location for custom application files.Thorsten I have been playing with the new Faces facility. While I think I more or less understand how it works through experimentation, I thought I'd consult Help. So I clicked on it and was invited to download the help file.No problem when doing this, and I am still reading it, but I was surprised that Spotlight couldn't find it. Where is it hiding? Is it somewhere in the Preferences folder?This prompted a second question - where does GC 10 keep the database of named faces? Shall I have to keep setting this up or can future versions access it? Preferences again, perhaps?John.