[ANN] GraphicConverter 10 (Build 2566)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 10 (Build 2566)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released the final version today.You can download it directly from http://www.lemkesoft.comBest wishesThorstenNew features:face detection (with small faces database), database can be used to assign i.e. keywords (names) to the imagessupport for reading and writing of face rectangles and names written compatible to the metadataworkinggroup scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by Picasa) and the Microsoft standard scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by MS Gallery)collage functionpicture package functionXe8472 filterselect layers of pdfs (layer menu)go to position in movie dialogaction to remove Finder Tagsreverse animationappend reversed animation to animationBLP exportAuto Rotation to correct small rotations from the horizondetection of Apple Live Photoscontext menu items to convert Apple Live Photos to a GIF animationPhotos extensionRSR and RSRC from data fork import (support of many old resource types)custom brush supportvirtual rotation of files in the browser with the exif orientation tagFile Info dialog inside browser: PageUp key does set the field to the content of the last edited filePGF importconvert animation to filmstripoption to disable fullscreen supportsmart cutdisplay of grid w/o snapbatch crop as percentageoptional display of ratio in browseroptional display of possible print quality in browserfunction to extract mp4 cover art imagesfunction to assign mp4 covert art images as custom iconAPNG (Animated PNG) exportadded “Movie to Animation conversion” options dialogoption change of folder in browser at the beginning/end of the file list with the cursor keysoption to open last/recent browsers automatically in flat viewadded support for reading/writing XMP metadata in the browser to pdf, eps, ps, ai filesnew scaling algorithm “Next Neighbour”function to export the complete photos database to a flat folder structureoption to open only first frame of animated GIFsbasic BigTIFF importSort files into subfolders by aspect ratio (browser context/action menu)Added function “Export Image Dimensions into “dimensions.txt” file to convert and modifyfunction to check and correct the extensions of files in convert and modifyround rect effectclear space functioncontext menu entry to enable/disable xmp pano vieweropening of vcard (.vcf) images batch function to scale large vcard images to max. 200 pixelsoption to change default window position to centeredsupport for font faces in text palettedisplay of movie GPS data (if available) - requires 10.10 or latertorn edge effectoption to change parallax of red/cyan anaglyphsbatch creation from selection (context menu)menu function to scale image to Facebook sizeshorizontal automatic correction (for grayscale scans)Updated features:option to enable/disable automatic color mode change upon saving of PNGsoption in slideshow to use a single color background color for the file pathoption to display EXIF date below thumbs in the browserLZW tiff export improved (higher performance)improved HP-GL/2 with RTL decodingiptc/xmp/exif entries from the action submenu are now moved up for better accessibilityoption to select color profile for new imageadded autocomplete of e-mail address to send e-mail dialogoption to delete automatically sidecar files in the browser und sideshowoptimized EXIF thumbnail creation after lossless JPEG rotationbutton to open custom fill patterns in pattern palettesupport for non-integer pen width (i.e. 1.4)copy with soft edges much improved (alpha support)enhanced smart crop with live previewPFM import will always import at 16 bit per channelprint catalog supports different colors for the first metadata line and the other onesprint catalog from browser uses selected browser sort orderpage popup displays PDF page label (if it exists)shadow command much enhancedoption to set pdf import resolution to highest contained picture resolution addedbrowser undo supports on volumes without versions supportcreate alias added to context menu in drop area of browseroption to select conversion priority in change color profile batchcomplete deprecated QTKit code rewritten to use the new AVKit - system requirement due this 10.9 or latercolor profile checking upon importCMYK profile name display in browser improvedmulti scale supports scale to percentagesupport for multiple underline styles added to text paletteupdated links our website to use of https
Steve Dropkin

Re: [ANN] GraphicConverter 10 (Build 2566)

Post by Steve Dropkin »

Downloaded and upgrade ordered! I cannot think of a better way to spend money on my Mac. Thanks, Thorsten! Steve On 5/25/16 3:49 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote: Hello, I released the final version today.
Susan Kayser

Post by Susan Kayser »

Wow! You’ve been doing a LOT of work.Susan K On 25May, 2016, at 3:49 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,I released the final version today.You can download it directly from http://www.lemkesoft.comBest wishesThorstenNew features:face detection (with small faces database), database can be used to assign i.e. keywords (names) to the imagessupport for reading and writing of face rectangles and names written compatible to the metadataworkinggroup scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by Picasa) and the Microsoft standard scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by MS Gallery)collage functionpicture package functionXe8472 filterselect layers of pdfs (layer menu)go to position in movie dialogaction to remove Finder Tagsreverse animationappend reversed animation to animationBLP exportAuto Rotation to correct small rotations from the horizondetection of Apple Live Photoscontext menu items to convert Apple Live Photos to a GIF animationPhotos extensionRSR and RSRC from data fork import (support of many old resource types)custom brush supportvirtual rotation of files in the browser with the exif orientation tagFile Info dialog inside browser: PageUp key does set the field to the content of the last edited filePGF importconvert animation to filmstripoption to disable fullscreen supportsmart cutdisplay of grid w/o snapbatch crop as percentageoptional display of ratio in browseroptional display of possible print quality in browserfunction to extract mp4 cover art imagesfunction to assign mp4 covert art images as custom iconAPNG (Animated PNG) exportadded “Movie to Animation conversion” options dialogoption change of folder in browser at the beginning/end of the file list with the cursor keysoption to open last/recent browsers automatically in flat viewadded support for reading/writing XMP metadata in the browser to pdf, eps, ps, ai filesnew scaling algorithm “Next Neighbour”function to export the complete photos database to a flat folder structureoption to open only first frame of animated GIFsbasic BigTIFF importSort files into subfolders by aspect ratio (browser context/action menu)Added function “Export Image Dimensions into “dimensions.txt” file to convert and modifyfunction to check and correct the extensions of files in convert and modifyround rect effectclear space functioncontext menu entry to enable/disable xmp pano vieweropening of vcard (.vcf) images batch function to scale large vcard images to max. 200 pixelsoption to change default window position to centeredsupport for font faces in text palettedisplay of movie GPS data (if available) - requires 10.10 or latertorn edge effectoption to change parallax of red/cyan anaglyphsbatch creation from selection (context menu)menu function to scale image to Facebook sizeshorizontal automatic correction (for grayscale scans)Updated features:option to enable/disable automatic color mode change upon saving of PNGsoption in slideshow to use a single color background color for the file pathoption to display EXIF date below thumbs in the browserLZW tiff export improved (higher performance)improved HP-GL/2 with RTL decodingiptc/xmp/exif entries from the action submenu are now moved up for better accessibilityoption to select color profile for new imageadded autocomplete of e-mail address to send e-mail dialogoption to delete automatically sidecar files in the browser und sideshowoptimized EXIF thumbnail creation after lossless JPEG rotationbutton to open custom fill patterns in pattern palettesupport for non-integer pen width (i.e. 1.4)copy with soft edges much improved (alpha support)enhanced smart crop with live previewPFM import will always import at 16 bit per channelprint catalog supports different colors for the first metadata line and the other onesprint catalog from browser uses selected browser sort orderpage popup displays PDF page label (if it exists)shadow command much enhancedoption to set pdf import resolution to highest contained picture resolution addedbrowser undo supports on volumes without versions supportcreate alias added to context menu in drop area of browseroption to select conversion priority in change color profile batchcomplete deprecated QTKit code rewritten to use the new AVKit - system requirement due this 10.9 or latercolor profile checking upon importCMYK profile name display in browser improvedmulti scale supports scale to percentagesupport for multiple underline styles added to text paletteupdated links our website to use of https
Don Koller

Post by Don Koller »

Thornton, is version 10 a paid upgrade (from 9)?   It looks fabulous!Regards,Don Koller   Don Koller  BEA Enterprises, Inc. 17 Lake Potomac Ct. : Potomac, MD 20854 USA office: 301-299-7900 : mobile 301-520-9820 web: bea-enterprises.com : email: don@bea-enterprises.com On May 25, 2016, at 4:49 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,I released the final version today.You can download it directly from http://www.lemkesoft.comBest wishesThorstenNew features:face detection (with small faces database), database can be used to assign i.e. keywords (names) to the imagessupport for reading and writing of face rectangles and names written compatible to the metadataworkinggroup scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by Picasa) and the Microsoft standard scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by MS Gallery)collage functionpicture package functionXe8472 filterselect layers of pdfs (layer menu)go to position in movie dialogaction to remove Finder Tagsreverse animationappend reversed animation to animationBLP exportAuto Rotation to correct small rotations from the horizondetection of Apple Live Photoscontext menu items to convert Apple Live Photos to a GIF animationPhotos extensionRSR and RSRC from data fork import (support of many old resource types)custom brush supportvirtual rotation of files in the browser with the exif orientation tagFile Info dialog inside browser: PageUp key does set the field to the content of the last edited filePGF importconvert animation to filmstripoption to disable fullscreen supportsmart cutdisplay of grid w/o snapbatch crop as percentageoptional display of ratio in browseroptional display of possible print quality in browserfunction to extract mp4 cover art imagesfunction to assign mp4 covert art images as custom iconAPNG (Animated PNG) exportadded “Movie to Animation conversion” options dialogoption change of folder in browser at the beginning/end of the file list with the cursor keysoption to open last/recent browsers automatically in flat viewadded support for reading/writing XMP metadata in the browser to pdf, eps, ps, ai filesnew scaling algorithm “Next Neighbour”function to export the complete photos database to a flat folder structureoption to open only first frame of animated GIFsbasic BigTIFF importSort files into subfolders by aspect ratio (browser context/action menu)Added function “Export Image Dimensions into “dimensions.txt” file to convert and modifyfunction to check and correct the extensions of files in convert and modifyround rect effectclear space functioncontext menu entry to enable/disable xmp pano vieweropening of vcard (.vcf) images batch function to scale large vcard images to max. 200 pixelsoption to change default window position to centeredsupport for font faces in text palettedisplay of movie GPS data (if available) - requires 10.10 or latertorn edge effectoption to change parallax of red/cyan anaglyphsbatch creation from selection (context menu)menu function to scale image to Facebook sizeshorizontal automatic correction (for grayscale scans)Updated features:option to enable/disable automatic color mode change upon saving of PNGsoption in slideshow to use a single color background color for the file pathoption to display EXIF date below thumbs in the browserLZW tiff export improved (higher performance)improved HP-GL/2 with RTL decodingiptc/xmp/exif entries from the action submenu are now moved up for better accessibilityoption to select color profile for new imageadded autocomplete of e-mail address to send e-mail dialogoption to delete automatically sidecar files in the browser und sideshowoptimized EXIF thumbnail creation after lossless JPEG rotationbutton to open custom fill patterns in pattern palettesupport for non-integer pen width (i.e. 1.4)copy with soft edges much improved (alpha support)enhanced smart crop with live previewPFM import will always import at 16 bit per channelprint catalog supports different colors for the first metadata line and the other onesprint catalog from browser uses selected browser sort orderpage popup displays PDF page label (if it exists)shadow command much enhancedoption to set pdf import resolution to highest contained picture resolution addedbrowser undo supports on volumes without versions supportcreate alias added to context menu in drop area of browseroption to select conversion priority in change color profile batchcomplete deprecated QTKit code rewritten to use the new AVKit - system requirement due this 10.9 or latercolor profile checking upon importCMYK profile name display in browser improvedmulti scale supports scale to percentagesupport for multiple underline styles added to text paletteupdated links our website to use of https
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Don,yes, GraphicConverter 10 is the first paid upgrade after around 2.5 years.Thorsten Thornton, is version 10 a paid upgrade (from 9)?   It looks fabulous!Regards,Don Koller
Andrew Gondzur

Post by Andrew Gondzur »

If I bought GC8 can I get GC10 for upgrade price? On May 25, 2016, at 3:49 AM, lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,I released the final version today.You can download it directly from http://www.lemkesoft.comBest wishesThorstenNew features:face detection (with small faces database), database can be used to assign i.e. keywords (names) to the imagessupport for reading and writing of face rectangles and names written compatible to the metadataworkinggroup scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by Picasa) and the Microsoft standard scheme inside xmp data (i.e. written by MS Gallery)collage functionpicture package functionXe8472 filterselect layers of pdfs (layer menu)go to position in movie dialogaction to remove Finder Tagsreverse animationappend reversed animation to animationBLP exportAuto Rotation to correct small rotations from the horizondetection of Apple Live Photoscontext menu items to convert Apple Live Photos to a GIF animationPhotos extensionRSR and RSRC from data fork import (support of many old resource types)custom brush supportvirtual rotation of files in the browser with the exif orientation tagFile Info dialog inside browser: PageUp key does set the field to the content of the last edited filePGF importconvert animation to filmstripoption to disable fullscreen supportsmart cutdisplay of grid w/o snapbatch crop as percentageoptional display of ratio in browseroptional display of possible print quality in browserfunction to extract mp4 cover art imagesfunction to assign mp4 covert art images as custom iconAPNG (Animated PNG) exportadded “Movie to Animation conversion” options dialogoption change of folder in browser at the beginning/end of the file list with the cursor keysoption to open last/recent browsers automatically in flat viewadded support for reading/writing XMP metadata in the browser to pdf, eps, ps, ai filesnew scaling algorithm “Next Neighbour”function to export the complete photos database to a flat folder structureoption to open only first frame of animated GIFsbasic BigTIFF importSort files into subfolders by aspect ratio (browser context/action menu)Added function “Export Image Dimensions into “dimensions.txt” file to convert and modifyfunction to check and correct the extensions of files in convert and modifyround rect effectclear space functioncontext menu entry to enable/disable xmp pano vieweropening of vcard (.vcf) images batch function to scale large vcard images to max. 200 pixelsoption to change default window position to centeredsupport for font faces in text palettedisplay of movie GPS data (if available) - requires 10.10 or latertorn edge effectoption to change parallax of red/cyan anaglyphsbatch creation from selection (context menu)menu function to scale image to Facebook sizeshorizontal automatic correction (for grayscale scans)Updated features:option to enable/disable automatic color mode change upon saving of PNGsoption in slideshow to use a single color background color for the file pathoption to display EXIF date below thumbs in the browserLZW tiff export improved (higher performance)improved HP-GL/2 with RTL decodingiptc/xmp/exif entries from the action submenu are now moved up for better accessibilityoption to select color profile for new imageadded autocomplete of e-mail address to send e-mail dialogoption to delete automatically sidecar files in the browser und sideshowoptimized EXIF thumbnail creation after lossless JPEG rotationbutton to open custom fill patterns in pattern palettesupport for non-integer pen width (i.e. 1.4)copy with soft edges much improved (alpha support)enhanced smart crop with live previewPFM import will always import at 16 bit per channelprint catalog supports different colors for the first metadata line and the other onesprint catalog from browser uses selected browser sort orderpage popup displays PDF page label (if it exists)shadow command much enhancedoption to set pdf import resolution to highest contained picture resolution addedbrowser undo supports on volumes without versions supportcreate alias added to context menu in drop area of browseroption to select conversion priority in change color profile batchcomplete deprecated QTKit code rewritten to use the new AVKit - system requirement due this 10.9 or latercolor profile checking upon importCMYK profile name display in browser improvedmulti scale supports scale to percentagesupport for multiple underline styles added to text paletteupdated links our website to use of https
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Andrew,many thanks for your e-mail.Yes, you can use the upgrade path.Thorsten If I bought GC8 can I get GC10 for upgrade price?
Tony Jackson

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi Thorsten, Is there a list of changes in v. 10 somewhere where I can check to see whether the pixel-accuracy issue has been solved? Having bought a fresh Mac I now know the problem is not a feature of my computer! Best, T. Tony Jackson Devon, UK.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,as usual:https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/gr ... s/Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Is there a list of changes in v. 10 somewhere where I can check to see whether the pixel-accuracy issue has been solved? Having bought a fresh Mac I now know the problem is not a feature of my computer!Best, T.Tony JacksonDevon, UK.
Tony Jackson

Post by Tony Jackson »

Hi Thorsten, as usual:https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/gr ... rsions/Yes, I had another go and found it - but no mention of changes to pixel accuracy, alas.  Can you confirm that this has not featured among the bug fixes since v. 8 was introduced?I had to buy v.8 to use with a system update, but I still have to keep a Mac on os 10.4 to run GC5.6, which afaik is the last pixel-accurate version.  V.8 no longer supports Black and white or 4-colour either - I guess the same is true for v. 10?  Sorry to be troublesome and ask, but downloading v. 10 just to see if these things work (with low likelihood of a happy outcome) looks like a lot of time and some risk!Is there a list of changes in v. 10 somewhere where I can check to see whether the pixel-accuracy issue has been solved? Having bought a fresh Mac I now know the problem is not a feature of my computer!Best regards, Tony. Tony JacksonDevon, UK.