How to manually sort a slide show or photo browser?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
errol_et10

How to manually sort a slide show or photo browser?

Post by errol_et10 »

How can I *manually* sort a slide show (GC 9.7.6)? I have several hundred photos (family history) to show at a family gathering but want to control the order in which the photos are shown. As the photos are mainly scanned over a number of years and from various sources (and people) there is no file naming convention.What I would like to do in the photo browser is to manually drag photos into the order I want and then lock that order (to stop inadvertant auto resorting). The sort menu in the browser (and slide show preference) has no manual setting and one has to select an existing sort preference.Any Ideas?Errol
thorstenlemke

Re: How to manually sort a slide show or photo browser?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Dear Errol,many thanks for your e-mail.Just enable the drop are in the browser.Drag and drop the images in the requested order.Export the drop area with the context menu to a new folder for the slideshow.Thorsten How can I *manually* sort a slide show (GC 9.7.6)? I have several hundred photos (family history) to show at a family gathering but want to control the order in which the photos are shown. As the photos are mainly scanned over a number of years and from various sources (and people) there is no file naming convention.What I would like to do in the photo browser is to manually drag photos into the order I want and then lock that order (to stop inadvertant auto resorting). The sort menu in the browser (and slide show preference) has no manual setting and one has to select an existing sort preference.Any Ideas?Errol