Correct Creation Date

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
nigelpplant

Correct Creation Date

Post by nigelpplant »

I have a folder of images where I have somehow, with the help of Lightroom, screwed up the creation date.In the finder they all show as 4th August 2015 at 18:35. Using GC I can see that the correct date and time is in the Exif. I have tried the various Exif Actions available in GC10 (on copies of the images) but none of them seem to correct the situation.Incidentally, if I choose to display the creation date with the thumbnails in the browser, some images are displaying 1st January 1904! In the finder they are all 4th August 2015.Any suggestions?Nigel
thorstenlemke

Re: Correct Creation Date

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Nigel,normally just use the context menu in the browser:Set Creation and Modification Date Depending on EXIFThorsten I have a folder of images where I have somehow, with the help of Lightroom, screwed up the creation date.In the finder they all show as 4th August 2015 at 18:35. Using GC I can see that the correct date and time is in the Exif. I have tried the various Exif Actions available in GC10 (on copies of the images) but none of them seem to correct the situation.Incidentally, if I choose to display the creation date with the thumbnails in the browser, some images are displaying 1st January 1904! In the finder they are all 4th August 2015.Any suggestions?Nigel
nigelpplant

Post by nigelpplant »

Thanks Thorsten for the prompt reply. That does seem to have worked for one set of files that all had the (same) wrong date in the past. But another 500 files have, according to the Finder, a creation date of 6th February 2040. The "Set Creation and Modification Date Depending on EXIF" command does not have any effect on these. The dat in the EXIF is correct.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,please e-mail one file zipped for testing. Maybe it contains no EXIF data.Thorsten Thanks Thorsten for the prompt reply. That does seem to have worked for one set of files that all had the (same) wrong date in the past. But another 500 files have, according to the Finder, a creation date of 6th February 2040. The "Set Creation and Modification Date Depending on EXIF" command does not have any effect on these. The dat in the EXIF is correct.
nigelpplant

Post by nigelpplant »

Thanks ThorstenSent to support@lemkesoft.comRegardsNigel 
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Nigel,I just tried the context menu function and it corrects the data perfectly:Please enable the display of all dates and verify.Thorsten Thanks ThorstenSent to support@lemkesoft.comRegardsNigel 
nigelpplant

Post by nigelpplant »

ThorstenThanks. The files were on a NAS and the contextual menu command didn't work. So I copied them to another drive connected by USB and ran the action again. There it worked. I then copied them back to the NAS and the dates are correct. Using the GC Browser, on the NAS the files had a creation date of 6/2/2040 but once copied to the USB drive the creation date (before running the action) was 1/11904.Anyway, GC has sorted out the problem. Thanks as ever for a brilliant product and your rapid and helpful suggestions.Nigel