Possible bugs 9.7.6

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Chuck Boody

Possible bugs 9.7.6

Post by Chuck Boody »

Hi Thorsten, Here are some issues noted, perhaps they are fixed in 10.x, I'll be updating shortly. All happen when you select "adjust" in the picture window and the selections appear at the right hand edge of the picture. 1. If you select "fast mode" shadows, highlights, and levels are disabled. 2. Moving the cursor using arrow keys while the cursor hovers over "shadows" or "highlights" does not work correctly. I don't think the up and down arrows for those items work correctly either, but I am not sure. 3. If you are not in fast mode and have set "highlights" "shadows " or "levels" settings for those items are lost, though they return when fast mode is deselected. This may be necessary, but is counter intuitive. Finally running Graphic Convertor First Aid removed the shortcut keys I had set up in GC. Must it? Thanks for all you do to support and expand your fine program. The changes since 1.0 so long ago are amazing! Chuck Boody
thorstenlemke

Re: Possible bugs 9.7.6

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Chuck,the fast mode uses Apple Core Image filters for the changes. That do not support the three slders. So, they get disabled.So, all is ok.Thorsten 1. If you select "fast mode" shadows, highlights, and levels are disabled.2. Moving the cursor using arrow keys while the cursor hovers over "shadows" or "highlights" does not work correctly. I don't think the up and down arrows for those items work correctly either, but I am not sure. 3. If you are not in fast mode and have set "highlights" "shadows " or "levels" settings for those items are lost, though they return when fast mode is deselected. This may be necessary, but is counter intuitive. Finally running Graphic Convertor First Aid removed the shortcut keys I had set up in GC. Must it?Thanks for all you do to support and expand your fine program. The changes since 1.0 so long ago are amazing!
Chuck Boody

Post by Chuck Boody »

Hi Thorsten,Ok.  What about number 2 on my list?  That is the biggest issue.Chuck  On Jun 18, 2016, at 1:52 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Hi Chuck,the fast mode uses Apple Core Image filters for the changes. That do not support the three slders. So, they get disabled.So, all is ok.Thorsten1. If you select "fast mode" shadows, highlights, and levels are disabled.2. Moving the cursor using arrow keys while the cursor hovers over "shadows" or "highlights" does not work correctly. I don't think the up and down arrows for those items work correctly either, but I am not sure. 3. If you are not in fast mode and have set "highlights" "shadows " or "levels" settings for those items are lost, though they return when fast mode is deselected. This may be necessary, but is counter intuitive. Finally running Graphic Convertor First Aid removed the shortcut keys I had set up in GC. Must it?Thanks for all you do to support and expand your fine program. The changes since 1.0 so long ago are amazing!
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Chuck,cursor left/right just works here.What is exactly not working? The mouse must be over the control to apply the cursor keys to that control.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Ok.  What about number 2 on my list?  That is the biggest issue.Chuck 
Chuck Boody

Post by Chuck Boody »

I did some checking, and I think the issue is that the up and down arrows make too big a change.  The left and right arrows don't seem to allow as fine a change as one might like, but they can be used.  The up down pair just makes too much change and, at least for me, is not at all useful.Thanks for staying on top of this and all the other issues you respond to so well.Chuck Boody On Jun 18, 2016, at 2:01 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Hi Chuck,cursor left/right just works here.What is exactly not working? The mouse must be over the control to apply the cursor keys to that control.ThorstenHi Thorsten,Ok.  What about number 2 on my list?  That is the biggest issue.Chuck