GC 10 feature question/request

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Edward Foskey

GC 10 feature question/request

Post by Edward Foskey »

I am planning soon to upgrade to GC 10. However, my work flow (am self-employed) is at a slow time and purchases beyond bare necessities are limited.I have the latest in GC 9 and was hoping to find this feature there, but it is not.What I am looking for is a batch approach to take a folder full of photos and reduce their size by percentages like I can single photos.In my work, I need to take a number of photos for documentation purposes. One camera typically creates jpgs at about 2-2.5mb each. The other camera I uses typically creates jpgs at 4-6mb each. For a single day of inspections, I can have up to 100 photos. For the smaller, I can reduce them to around 40% of their original size and have adequate quality. For the larger, I can reduce them to around 20% of their original size and have adequate quality. Also, I have to retain my work files for 10 years. Reducing each one manually takes a long time, but is a necessity to preserve storage space.If this is a function already available, I have missed it. If it is not, is it possible to add the function?Thanks!-ed-Sent from my iPad
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10 feature question/request

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,you can do that with all versions of GraphicConverter.Please view my short tutorial movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/scale_dow ... p4Thorsten I am planning soon to upgrade to GC 10. However, my work flow (am self-employed) is at a slow time and purchases beyond bare necessities are limited.I have the latest in GC 9 and was hoping to find this feature there, but it is not.What I am looking for is a batch approach to take a folder full of photos and reduce their size by percentages like I can single photos.In my work, I need to take a number of photos for documentation purposes. One camera typically creates jpgs at about 2-2.5mb each. The other camera I uses typically creates jpgs at 4-6mb each. For a single day of inspections, I can have up to 100 photos. For the smaller, I can reduce them to around 40% of their original size and have adequate quality. For the larger, I can reduce them to around 20% of their original size and have adequate quality. Also, I have to retain my work files for 10 years. Reducing each one manually takes a long time, but is a necessity to preserve storage space.If this is a function already available, I have missed it. If it is not, is it possible to add the function?Thanks!
Ed Foskey

Re: GC 10 feature question/request

Post by Ed Foskey »

Thank you, Thorsten! Your quick responses, help, and GREAT software is why I will continue to use GC as long as it is available. ====================Ed Foskeyedward@foskeyroad.com On Jun 22, 2016, at 11:39 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,you can do that with all versions of GraphicConverter.Please view my short tutorial movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/scale_dow ... 4ThorstenI am planning soon to upgrade to GC 10. However, my work flow (am self-employed) is at a slow time and purchases beyond bare necessities are limited.I have the latest in GC 9 and was hoping to find this feature there, but it is not.What I am looking for is a batch approach to take a folder full of photos and reduce their size by percentages like I can single photos.In my work, I need to take a number of photos for documentation purposes. One camera typically creates jpgs at about 2-2.5mb each. The other camera I uses typically creates jpgs at 4-6mb each. For a single day of inspections, I can have up to 100 photos. For the smaller, I can reduce them to around 40% of their original size and have adequate quality. For the larger, I can reduce them to around 20% of their original size and have adequate quality. Also, I have to retain my work files for 10 years. Reducing each one manually takes a long time, but is a necessity to preserve storage space.If this is a funct ion already available, I have missed it. If it is not, is it possible to add the function?Thanks!