Cropping a scan to include only the desired image

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
rghammondsjr@att.net

Cropping a scan to include only the desired image

Post by rghammondsjr@att.net »

I have been given around 100 images digitized using a flatbed scanner without much attention paid to orientation or ROI. In addition, the scanner platen appears to have not been very clean. Yes, this is for family!Most scans return the entire area of the scanner bed, of which a small fraction is the desired image. In addition, the edges of the entire scan are black, around 5-15 pixels deep.Smart Crop doesn't work with these images because of the borders and the noise in the background.Does anyone have suggestions for quickly processing images with these defects?  Or should I just give up and crop them all manually?
thorstenlemke

Re: Cropping a scan to include only the desired image

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,you have to do it manually. But the most quick way is:1. Open the first file in the folder.2. Select the content with the selection tool.3. Press return to Crop.3 *) Rotate if required4. Press command + S to save.5. Press command + cursor right to get the next image in the folder and continue with 2.So, it should go really fast.Thorsten Smart Crop doesn't work with these images because of the borders and the noise in the background.Does anyone have suggestions for quickly processing images with these defects?  Or should I just give up and crop them all manually?