slideshow in version 10 compared to 6

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
zlazkow

Re: vertical lines on B/W scans

Post by zlazkow »

Something else I wanted to add. I’m using Epson Perfection V37 with Image Capture.I haven’t tried using Epson’s software for scanning(Epson Scan). Maybe it does a better job with black & white. I’ll try it and let you know.Thanks again!=================================================Thank you very much for your replies people!I was scanning old pieces of advertisements, colour and B/W. All at 300 dpi. But without Descreening, because I had no idea what it does.At your suggestion I tried descreening for magazines and for fine print. Fine print worked the best.But I also tried 600 dpi, 400 dpi, thousands of grays - no significant change.So, 300 dpi or 600 dpi with Fine Print descreening is the best option. Although the difference between Magazine print and fine print is almost invisible.Thanks so much for your help! On 3 Jul 2016, at 5:47 AM, Mike Bauers mwbauers55@wi.rr.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Strangely enough, on this MacMini, there were -NO- lines in your attachment.in my case, Panasonic TV setting, 60-Hz, 1080pMy living room TV set-up….. [I dropped cable-TV some years ago and this flatscreen is computer-Roadrunner only.]Best to ya,Mike BauersMilwaukee, WiOn Jul 2, 2016, at 2:58 PM, Brian Mason brian@wyomason.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I increased the resolution.  I was scanning at 300 dpi and changed to 600 dpi and that got rid of the problem for me.Brian.On Jul 2, 2016, at 11:26 AM, 'Frank H.' netwkfh@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Brian,That is an interesting solution to this situation. Do you recommend increasing? Either way, how much?Frank (buttinski) : )On Jul 2, 2016, at 7:19 AM, Brian Mason brian@wyomason.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:If it is moire, I found that changing the dpi scanning resolution also works to get rid of it.  After scanning, you can always change the resolution in GraphicConverter back to your preference.Brian.On Jul 2, 2016, at 10:11 AM, Carl von Einem einem@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Looks like moire to me. See <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moir%C3%A9_pattern> for a detailed explanation. Your scanner's software should have a descreen filter, see if this leads to better results.CarlZalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] wrote on 02.07.16 14:51:> [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Zalman Lazkowicz included below]>> I scanned some pages from old magazines, ads. On black & white there are> vertical lines, visible on a light background, like slightly darker waves.> Why it happens, anybody knows ? any solution ? Thanks!, Zal>>> I’m attaching one such image.
thorstenlemke

Re: slideshow in version 10 compared to 6

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hi,sorry for the delay.That is already supported.Just check separately folders:Thorsten Hi,in GC10 there are 15 ways to sort files for a slide show, BUT: There is none for "by path and name".So you see              folderA/pic0001.jpg .... folderN/ pic0001.jpg folderA/pic0002.jpg        which IMHO is wrong...instead of correct       folderA/pic0001.jpg folderA /pic0002.jpg ..PLEASE fix this maybe a 16th option for sort if theres a bit left :-)
Petur Rasmussen

Post by Petur Rasmussen »

While we are at it: The option „Automaticalle show and hide toolbar“ works differently in version 10 than in version 9. Now the toolbar pops up if there is a movie in the slideshow.Would it not be better simply to have options too for „show toolbar“ and „hide toolbar“. I have no use for this toolbar in the slideshow.Best regardsPetur Rasmussen --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 6. ja�l. 2016, at 16:20, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,sorry for the delay.That is already supported.Just check separately folders:<Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 18.19.48.png>ThorstenHi,in GC10 there are 15 ways to sort files for a slide show, BUT: There is none for "by path and name".So you see              folderA/pic0001.jpg .... folderN/ pic0001.jpg folderA/pic0002.jpg        which IMHO is wrong...instead of correct       folderA/pic0001.jpg folderA /pic0002.jpg ..PLEASE fix this maybe a 16th option for sort if theres a bit left :-)
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,this is a bug caused by the transition to the Avkit (from QuickTime).It is fixed in the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten While we are at it: The option „Automaticalle show and hide toolbar“ works differently in version 10 than in version 9. Now the toolbar pops up if there is a movie in the slideshow.Would it not be better simply to have options too for „show toolbar“ and „hide toolbar“. I have no use for this toolbar in the slideshow.
Petur Rasmussen

Post by Petur Rasmussen »

OK. Thank you.Best regardsPetur --------------------------------------------------------Petur Rasmussen            e-mail: prasm@internet.isSa�lheimum 23, 7A                     Tlf.: +354-553 2858IS-104  Reykjava�k                      Mobil: +354-822 0645  On 6. ja�l. 2016, at 17:00, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi,this is a bug caused by the transition to the Avkit (from QuickTime).It is fixed in the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorstenWhile we are at it: The option „Automaticalle show and hide toolbar“ works differently in version 10 than in version 9. Now the toolbar pops up if there is a movie in the slideshow.Would it not be better simply to have options too for „show toolbar“ and „hide toolbar“. I have no use for this toolbar in the slideshow.
Talat Harb

Post by Talat Harb »

Am 06.07.16 um 18:20 schrieb Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]: Hi, sorry for the delay. That is already supported. Thank you :-)  - I missed that.