save as behaviour

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Rowland Carson

save as behaviour

Post by Rowland Carson »

I think it’s been since I installed Mac OS 10.11.5 that I’ve noticed an irritating behaviour with GraphicConverter. I regularly browse through folders of pictures, modifying them in some way then saving them under a new name in a different folder. In the past, GC would always remember which folder I’d used for the “save as” and present that location by default in the save dialogue. Now, however, it always seems to default to the folder of origin, so I always have to change to the wanted folder. I don’t know if this is a GC feature or an OS feature, but does anyone know how to make it behave as I’d like? in friendship Rowland : Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ... : <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk : Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson
Brian Mason

Re: save as behaviour

Post by Brian Mason »

I recommend you go install Default Folder X.  You will love the options it will give you when you are presented with an Open or Save dialog.  You won't have to worry about whether to bother Apple or GraphicConverter about remembering your preferences.Brian. On Jun 28, 2016, at 1:49 PM, Rowland Carson rowlandcarson@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I think it’s been since I installed Mac OS 10.11.5 that I’ve noticed an irritating behaviour with GraphicConverter.I regularly browse through folders of pictures, modifying them in some way then saving them under a new name in a different folder. In the past, GC would always remember which folder I’d used for the “save as” and present that location by default in the save dialogue. Now, however, it always seems to default to the folder of origin, so I always have to change to the wanted folder.I don’t know if this is a GC feature or an OS feature, but does anyone know how to make it behave as I’d like?in friendshipRowland: Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>  http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,bug of 10.11.x.I (and other developer) reported that already with an Developer bug report.Thorsten I think it’s been since I installed Mac OS 10.11.5 that I’ve noticed an irritating behaviour with GraphicConverter.I regularly browse through folders of pictures, modifying them in some way then saving them under a new name in a different folder. In the past, GC would always remember which folder I’d used for the “save as” and present that location by default in the save dialogue. Now, however, it always seems to default to the folder of origin, so I always have to change to the wanted folder.I don’t know if this is a GC feature or an OS feature, but does anyone know how to make it behave as I’d like?
Tony Higgins

Post by Tony Higgins »

We all know Graphic Convertor is the best piece of software ever written for the Mac, since the days when it was called “shareware”. Well, second best has to be Default Folder! No, I don’t have shares in either!Tony On 28 Jun 2016, at 19:24, Brian Mason brian@wyomason.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I recommend you go install Default Folder X.  You will love the options it will give you when you are presented with an Open or Save dialog.  You won't have to worry about whether to bother Apple or GraphicConverter about remembering your preferences.Brian.On Jun 28, 2016, at 1:49 PM, Rowland Carson rowlandcarson@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I think it’s been since I installed Mac OS 10.11.5 that I’ve noticed an irritating behaviour with GraphicConverter.I regularly browse through folders of pictures, modifying them in some way then saving them under a new name in a different folder. In the past, GC would always remember which folder I’d used for the “save as” and present that location by default in the save dialogue. Now, however, it always seems to default to the folder of origin, so I always have to change to the wanted folder.I don’t know if this is a GC feature or an OS feature, but does anyone know how to make it behave as I’d like?in friendshipRowland: Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...: <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>  http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk: Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson
Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker »

I’ll second that; nor do I have shares . . .Chris On 28 Jun 2016, at 23:26, Tony Higgins tonyhiggins@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:We all know Graphic Convertor is the best piece of software ever written for the Mac, since the days when it was called “shareware”. Well, second best has to be Default Folder! No, I don’t have shares in either!TonyOn 28 Jun 2016, at 19:24, Brian Mason brian@wyomason.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I recommend you go install Default Folder X.  You will love the options it will give you when you are presented with an Open or Save dialog.  You won't have to worry about whether to bother Apple or GraphicConverter about remembering your preferences.Brian.On Jun 28, 2016, at 1:49 PM, Rowland Carson rowlandcarson@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I think it’s been since I installed Mac OS 10.11.5 that I’ve noticed an irritating behaviour with GraphicConverter.I regularly browse through folders of pictures, modifying them in some way then saving them under a new name in a different folder. In the past, GC would always remember which folder I’d used for the “save as” and present that location by default in the save dialogue. Now, however, it always seems to default to the folder of origin, so I always have to change to the wanted folder.I don’t know if this is a GC feature or an OS feature, but does anyone know how to make it behave as I’d like?in friendshipRowland