Selecting/altering rectangle

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
newoddprofessor

Selecting/altering rectangle

Post by newoddprofessor »

Hi everyone. I'm using rectangular frames in a project. It seems that if I draw one, I can't undo it, and I can't select it to move it or create handles to change its dimensions. Am I missing something, or are the circles, rectangles, and rounded rectangles not alterable after they are drawn? I'm using GC9, v. 9.7.3 (2078). TIA.
thorstenlemke

Re: Selecting/altering rectangle

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,undo is supported.But you can resize it. Because the rectangle is part of the image after drawing it.Did you maybe disable undo in the prefs?Thorsten Hi everyone. I'm using rectangular frames in a project. It seems that if I draw one, I can't undo it, and I can't select it to move it or create handles to change its dimensions. Am I missing something, or are the circles, rectangles, and rounded rectangles not alterable after they are drawn? I'm using GC9, v. 9.7.3 (2078). TIA.
dknodel

Post by dknodel »

Don’t think they are, GC is not object-oriented.  Try using an different layer for drawing, the at least you can undo or erase and draw again, I think.David On Jul 1, 2016, at 3:47 PM, vj.robinson@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi everyone. I'm using rectangular frames in a project. It seems that if I draw one, I can't undo it, and I can't select it to move it or create handles to change its dimensions. Am I missing something, or are the circles, rectangles, and rounded rectangles not alterable after they are drawn? I'm using GC9, v. 9.7.3 (2078). TIA.
newoddprofessor

Post by newoddprofessor »

I was about to reply, a little indignantly, that of course I hadn't disabled undo, and a check of the prefs proved it.... until I saw that Disable Undo For Large Images was checked. AH HA! I didn't know that there were two undo prefs. I'm working with an A0 sized image, so, yah. That's a large image. Thank you.