RGB color profile alert and bulk copyright notice on tiff images?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
george eichelberger

RGB color profile alert and bulk copyright notice on tiff images?

Post by george eichelberger »

Two questions please…. With V 10 of GC, I get the following message quite often: .psd contains a RGB color profile. But the image is in Grayscale color mode. So, the profile will be dropped. I understand what it is telling me but as I cannot seem to delete the color profile, I cannot really do anything with the alert. Can I remove/change the profile, or suppress the alert? AND… I understand how to make bulk changes to IPTC data, file types, etc. but is there a method to put a copyright or ownership notice on multiple tiff images without doing that individually? Lastly….I have been a confirmed GC user for years! This is a good opportunity to simply say “Thanks” to Thorsten Lemke for all of his work and effort. George Eichelberger
thorstenlemke

Re: RGB color profile alert and bulk copyright notice on tiff images

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,many thanks for your e-mail.The color profile message is just an information message.You can use Edit/Assign Profile to assign a valid one.You can easily change some IPTC values in many files with the browser of GraphicConverter.Just open a browser.Select the files.Select File/Document Information (IPTC)Confirm the alert.Edit only the items that should be changed.OK.Thorsten Two questions please….With V 10 of GC, I get the following message quite often:.psd contains a RGB color profile. But the image is in Grayscale color mode. So, the profile will be dropped.I understand what it is telling me but as I cannot seem to delete the color profile, I cannot really do anything with the alert. Can I remove/change the profile, or suppress the alert?AND…I understand how to make bulk changes to IPTC data, file types, etc. but is there a method to put a copyright or ownership notice on multiple tiff images without doing that individually?Lastly….I have been a confirmed GC user for years! This is a good opportunity to simply say “Thanks” to Thorsten Lemke for all of his work and effort.George Eichelberger
Jeffrey Lomicka

Post by Jeffrey Lomicka »

Is there a way to access the star ratings of a file from Applescript?
Jeffrey Lomicka

Accessing Star Ratings from Applescript

Post by Jeffrey Lomicka »

Is there a way to access the star ratings of a file from Applescript? (Ideally this would be off a file object in a browser item list.) - Jeff
thorstenlemke

Re: Accessing Star Ratings from Applescript

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Jeff,sorry, not yet.So, you need something like get star rating of file at path?Thorsten Is there a way to access the star ratings of a file from Applescript?(Ideally this would be off a file object in a browser item list.)
george eichelberger

Post by george eichelberger »

Sorry, I was not clear with my question….. I would like to place the copyright information on the tiff (photo) image, not in the associated IPTC entries. “Ike”
jalomicka

Post by jalomicka »

Yes. The script in question uses "browser items of window" to get the file list to operate on. It already uses "get file iptc" and "set file iptc" on files in that list. I'm looking for something like that. I was able to work around it for my most recent project by adding the star count to each filename, and based my script on that. (To do this, I would sort by star rating, select all the photos with the same number of stars, and batch rename.)         - Jeff On 7/11/16 1:26 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] wrote: Hi Jeff, sorry, not yet. So, you need something like get star rating of file at path? Thorsten Is there a way to access the star ratings of a file from Applescript? (Ideally this would be off a file object in a browser item list.)
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jeff,please download the latest BETA:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlIt does now support the rating in get/set file iptc. I added it as index 34.Thorsten            Yes.The script in question uses "browser items of window" to get the file list to operate on.It already uses "get file iptc" and "set file iptc" on files in that list. I'm looking for something like that.I was able to work around it for my most recent project by adding the star count to each filename, and based my script on that.(To do this, I would sort by star rating, select all the photos with the same number of stars, and batch rename.)        - Jeff
Dominick Issi

GC 10.0

Post by Dominick Issi »

My computer screen (MacBook Pro with 15” Retina Display - Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M - 2.6GHz Intel Core i7 and OS X 10.11.5) refuses, at times, to go into Sleep Mode. I began “quitting” various Apps and system extensions in attempt to isolate what might be causing this issue. After MANY iterations, I finally believe I’ve isolated this issue. Regrettably, it appears to be GC 10 whether running in the background or being the active App! This AM, I tried one-more-time to ensure I’d truly isolated this issue after my screen decided NOT to sleep. Like clockwork, after quitting GC 10 and walking away from my computer for the 10 min sleep time I’ve selected, my screen went to sleep. Anything you might recommend to me about this NEW issue (ever since loading GC 10) to preclude needing to remember to quit GC 10 after each use? Take Care///Dominick
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 10.0

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Dominick,hmm, works here perfectly.Only the slideshow does stop the sleep.Thorsten My computer screen (MacBook Pro with 15” Retina Display - Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M - 2.6GHz Intel Core i7 and OS X 10.11.5) refuses, at times, to go into Sleep Mode. I began “quitting” various Apps and system extensions in attempt to isolate what might be causing this issue. After MANY iterations, I finally believe I’ve isolated this issue. Regrettably, it appears to be GC 10 whether running in the background or being the active App! This AM, I tried one-more-time to ensure I’d truly isolated this issue after my screen decided NOT to sleep. Like clockwork, after quitting GC 10 and walking away from my computer for the 10 min sleep time I’ve selected, my screen went to sleep. Anything you might recommend to me about this NEW issue (ever since loading GC 10) to preclude needing to remember to quit GC 10 after each use?Take Care///Dominick