File list in Slideshow

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
ps2os2

File list in Slideshow

Post by ps2os2 »

There is an option in slide show that shows a box of files (usually around 10) that is in the current directory.*USUALLY* this works just fine, as the slide show progresses the highlighted entry jumps to the next entry that is shown on the screen.There seems to be an issue with this, that is to say the highlighted entry “sticks” and doesn’t correspond with the picture shown.For example: The list says picturea.jpg but the picture on the screen is showing picturec.jpg and it stays stuck until I get through with items in slide show and go back to the beginning of the directory.The best I can figure out (its a guess) is that when there are say 2000+ jpg’s in a directory.I can’t pin it down other than when making a lot of deletions (which I do all the time)it seems to happen after I delete about 250 items (out of est 2000).This has been a bug for a long time 3-5 years. I have been using GC for 10 or more years, through various versions of OS X and GC.Ed  
thorstenlemke

Re: File list in Slideshow

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Ed,so, this happens only if you delete files in the slideshow?Is the file list visible or not?Thorsten There is an option in slide show that shows a box of files (usually around 10) that is in the current directory.*USUALLY* this works just fine, as the slide show progresses the highlighted entry jumps to the next entry that is shown on the screen.There seems to be an issue with this, that is to say the highlighted entry “sticks” and doesn’t correspond with the picture shown.For example: The list says picturea.jpg but the picture on the screen is showing picturec.jpg and it stays stuck until I get through with items in slide show and go back to the beginning of the directory.The best I can figure out (its a guess) is that when there are say 2000+ jpg’s in a directory.I can’t pin it down other than when making a lot of deletions (which I do all the time)it seems to happen after I delete about 250 items (out of est 2000).This has been a bug for a long time 3-5 years. I have been using GC for 10 or more years, through various versions of OS X and GC.Ed