[ANN] GraphicConverter 10.1 Build 2589

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[ANN] GraphicConverter 10.1 Build 2589

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I released the new version today.The mirrors are already updated.You can download at Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser, Batch Conversion, Metadata and more on your Mac Lemke Software: Image Editing, Slideshow, Browser... Latest additions GraphicConverter 2016-07-29 GraphicConverter 10.1 (Build 2589) 2016-05-25 GraphicConverter 10.0 (Build 2566) 2016-02-16 GraphicConverter 9.7... View on www.lemkesoft.com Preview by Yahoo The Mac App Store version will be available after the Apple review process.Thorsten
Zalman Lazkowicz

Shadows tool

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Hello everybody, For some time I’ve noticed that something wrong with Shadows tool in Adjustment tools. As soon as I touch it, the white background for example becomes bluish. Moving the slider all the way back and forth makes the image much worse. There is no undo. So I have to cancel what I did before(like contrast and sharpening), and start over again. My image is a regular jpeg. Thanks, Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: Shadows tool

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Zal,can I get your image for testing?Thorsten Hello everybody,For some time I’ve noticed that something wrong with Shadows tool in Adjustment tools.As soon as I touch it, the white background for example becomes bluish.Moving the slider all the way back and forth makes the image much worse.There is no undo. So I have to cancel what I did before(like contrast and sharpening), and start over again.My image is a regular jpeg.Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

Hi Thorsten,Image attached. The only thing I did was white correction of the background. before doing this, I checked the shadow tool in ‘Adjust’. Same thing, the whole image got a blue tint. Thanks,Zal On 1 Aug 2016, at 8:44 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Zal,can I get your image for testing?ThorstenHello everybody,For some time I’ve noticed that something wrong with Shadows tool in Adjustment tools.As soon as I touch it, the white background for example becomes bluish.Moving the slider all the way back and forth makes the image much worse.There is no undo. So I have to cancel what I did before(like contrast and sharpening), and start over again.My image is a regular jpeg.Thanks,Zal
thorstenlemke

Re: Shadows tool [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Zal,the tool works here.Shadows does just lighten the dark areas.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Image attached. The only thing I did was white correction of the background. before doing this, I checked the shadow tool in ‘Adjust’. Same thing, the whole image got a blue tint. Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

strange, the moment I touch the slider, not even moving, image turn dark with blue tint.what can be wrong ?thanks On 1 Aug 2016, at 3:28 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Zal,the tool works here.Shadows does just lighten the dark areas.ThorstenHi Thorsten,Image attached. The only thing I did was white correction of the background. before doing this, I checked the shadow tool in ‘Adjust’. Same thing, the whole image got a blue tint. Thanks,Zal
Zalman Lazkowicz

I tried another image, it doesn’t get the blue tint, but the item on the image (another bracelet) gets dark, and moving the slider only makes it worse, very very dark or very light with distorted color. On 2 Aug 2016, at 6:39 AM, Zalman Lazkowicz zlazkow@yahoo.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:strange, the moment I touch the slider, not even moving, image turn dark with blue tint.what can be wrong ?thanksOn 1 Aug 2016, at 3:28 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Zal,the tool works here.Shadows does just lighten the dark areas.ThorstenHi Thorsten,Image attached. The only thing I did was white correction of the background. before doing this, I checked the shadow tool in ‘Adjust’. Same thing, the whole image got a blue tint. Thanks,Zal
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Zal,that algorithm works best for normal photos.Just use Highlights and Shadows from the menu for your special purpose.Thorsten I tried another image, it doesn’t get the blue tint, but the item on the image (another bracelet) gets dark, and moving the slider only makes it worse, very very dark or very light with distorted color.
Zalman Lazkowicz

I see…ok. Thanks Thorsten! On 2 Aug 2016, at 8:14 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Zal,that algorithm works best for normal photos.Just use Highlights and Shadows from the menu for your special purpose.ThorstenI tried another image, it doesn’t get the blue tint, but the item on the image (another bracelet) gets dark, and moving the slider only makes it worse, very very dark or very light with distorted color.