Trouble opening pdf files with GC 10

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Francisco Hirsch

Trouble opening pdf files with GC 10

Post by Francisco Hirsch »

Hi Thorsten:Opening some pdf files brings a message with GC 10.1.0 (2589):"The import of the file 22-04-2016.pdf at 200.0 ppi would require to much memory. Which may exceed your physical installed memory of 17,2 GB during opening and decompression. This may cause a very long delay due swapping of the memory. The file will be now imported at 199.9 ppi.”I am opening the file on an iMac with 16 GBytes of Ram running 10.11.6.I enclose a pdf that shows the behavior.I tried to create test files, but naturally they did not show the problem.Regards,Francisco —Francisco A. Hirschhttp://www.fiscaldemesa.com.ar
thorstenlemke

Re: Trouble opening pdf files with GC 10 [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hekki Francisco,please use the attached settings and it will open perfectly.The “Override….” feature cause the issue with this pdf.Thorsten Hi Thorsten:Opening some pdf files brings a message with GC 10.1.0 (2589):"The import of the file 22-04-2016.pdf at 200.0 ppi would require to much memory. Which may exceed your physical installed memory of 17,2 GB during opening and decompression. This may cause a very long delay due swapping of the memory. The file will be now imported at 199.9 ppi.”I am opening the file on an iMac with 16 GBytes of Ram running 10.11.6.I enclose a pdf that shows the behavior.I tried to create test files, but naturally they did not show the problem.Regards,Francisco —Francisco A. Hirschhttp://www.fiscaldemesa.com.ar <22-04-2016.pdf>
Wyomason IMAP

Post by Wyomason IMAP »

I don't understand the description of the checkbox. Can you expand on what the purpose of the checkbox is?Thanks. Brian. Sent from my iPhone On Aug 6, 2016, at 2:15 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   Hekki Francisco,please use the attached settings and it will open perfectly.The “Override….” feature cause the issue with this pdf.Thorsten<Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 08.14.57.png>Hi Thorsten:Opening some pdf files brings a message with GC 10.1.0 (2589):"The import of the file 22-04-2016.pdf at 200.0 ppi would require to much memory. Which may exceed your physical installed memory of 17,2 GB during opening and decompression. This may cause a very long delay due swapping of the memory. The file will be now imported at 199.9 ppi.”I am opening the file on an iMac with 16 GBytes of Ram running 10.11.6.I enclose a pdf that shows the behavior.I tried to create test files, but naturally they did not show the problem.Regards,Francisco —Francisco A. Hirschhttp://www.fiscaldemesa.com.ar <22-04-2016.pdf>
thorstenlemke

Re: Trouble opening pdf files with GC 10

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Brian,the images (which are contained in the pdf) will be checked). The resolution will be changed to the maximum image resolution.This is usefull if you open a pdf which contains only one image. So, it will get imported with the native resolution.Thorsten I don't understand the description of the checkbox. Can you expand on what the purpose of the checkbox is?Thanks. Brian. Sent from my iPhoneOn Aug 6, 2016, at 2:15 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hekki Francisco,please use the attached settings and it will open perfectly.The “Override….” feature cause the issue with this pdf.Thorsten
fahirsch

Post by fahirsch »

Thanks!Francisco