Browser Update

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

Browser Update

Post by Larry Stoter »

Hi, GC 10.1.0, build 2589 Had a number of problems when I installed this update - as usual, trashing the preferences solved most of them. I do, however, still have an annoying problem - when selecting images from the browser, editing the images and them saving the edited image, the thumbnails and thumbnail data in the browser don’t update. Closer the browser doesn’t trigger an update either. Shuting down and restarting GC does result in an update. Any ideas? Larry Stoter
Hagen Henke

Re: Browser Update

Post by Hagen Henke »

Hello,please delete the prefs with our extra program „GraphicConverter First Aid“ as deleting the file is useless under modern Mac OS as the prefs are held cached.Scroll down on:https://www.lemkesoft.de/produkte/graph ... ownload/to find the download.Regards, Hagen Henke Am 18.08.2016 um 09:11 schrieb Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Hi,GC 10.1.0, build 2589Had a number of problems when I installed this update - as usual, trashing the preferences solved most of them.I do, however, still have an annoying problem - when selecting images from the browser, editing the images and them saving the edited image, the thumbnails and thumbnail data in the browser don’t update. Closer the browser doesn’t trigger an update either. Shuting down and restarting GC does result in an update.Any ideas?Larry Stoter
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Hi,Done that …Sorry,hasn’t resolved the problem :-(Larry Stoter On 18 Aug 2016, at 09:09, Hagen Henke hagen.henke@gmx.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,please delete the prefs with our extra program „GraphicConverter First Aid“ as deleting the file is useless under modern Mac OS as the prefs are held cached.Scroll down on:https://www.lemkesoft.de/produkte/graph ... ownload/to find the download.Regards, Hagen HenkeAm 18.08.2016 um 09:11 schrieb Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com>:Hi,GC 10.1.0, build 2589Had a number of problems when I installed this update - as usual, trashing the preferences solved most of them.I do, however, still have an annoying problem - when selecting images from the browser, editing the images and them saving the edited image, the thumbnails and thumbnail data in the browser don’t update. Closer the browser doesn’t trigger an update either. Shuting down and restarting GC does result in an update.Any ideas?Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,where are the files located? Local (internal or USB disk) or a network drive?Thorsten Hi,Done that …Sorry,hasn’t resolved the problem :-(Larry Stoter
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Hi Thorsten,On my main iMac local HDD where all my applications and system software also sit.Unless I need to do a system restart after trashing the preferences … ?Larry Stoter On 18 Aug 2016, at 15:48, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Larry,where are the files located? Local (internal or USB disk) or a network drive?ThorstenHi,Done that …Sorry,hasn’t resolved the problem :-(Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,can I please get an image from you? Because I just tried it here with an image.I opened it from the browser.Added some lines.Save.Preview in the browser updates a few moments later.Did you install any extensions (i.e. amtivirus software)?Do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?Thorsten Hi Thorsten,On my main iMac local HDD where all my applications and system software also sit.Unless I need to do a system restart after trashing the preferences … ?Larry Stoter
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Hi Thorsten,Attached are:1. Original image,2. Modified image,3. Screen shot of GC browser (GC Browser 1) AFTER modifying image - preview image, modification date in thumbnails and preview pane has not been updated.4. If I click on a second thumbnail image and then click back on the first thumbnail image, the preview image updates but the modification date still doesn’t update for the thumbnail or for the preview pane -   GC Browser 2.best regards,Larry Stoter On 18 Aug 2016, at 16:00, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Larry,can I please get an image from you? Because I just tried it here with an image.I opened it from the browser.Added some lines.Save.Preview in the browser updates a few moments later.Did you install any extensions (i.e. amtivirus software)?Do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?ThorstenHi Thorsten,On my main iMac local HDD where all my applications and system software also sit.Unless I need to do a system restart after trashing the preferences … ?Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,I made a lot of tests.That is really curious with this files.The file system send not change notification for this special file after the first change. I get a notification after the second change.So, looks like a system issue.The simple workaround: press F5 or use the context menu and select refresh in the browser.I have currently no idea. Because I see the changed file with chnaged mod dat ein the Finder. The GraphicConverter browser registers for file system change notifications.Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Attached are:1. Original image,2. Modified image,3. Screen shot of GC browser (GC Browser 1) AFTER modifying image - preview image, modification date in thumbnails and preview pane has not been updated.4. If I click on a second thumbnail image and then click back on the first thumbnail image, the preview image updates but the modification date still doesn’t update for the thumbnail or for the preview pane -   GC Browser 2.best regards,Larry Stoter
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Larry,I found a workaround.Please download the latest BETA:Thorsten Hi Thorsten,Attached are:1. Original image,2. Modified image,3. Screen shot of GC browser (GC Browser 1) AFTER modifying image - preview image, modification date in thumbnails and preview pane has not been updated.4. If I click on a second thumbnail image and then click back on the first thumbnail image, the preview image updates but the modification date still doesn’t update for the thumbnail or for the preview pane -   GC Browser 2.best regards,Larry Stoter
Larry Stoter

Post by Larry Stoter »

Thank you Thorsten :-)Where do I download the latest Beta - sorry, I can’t find it on the web site.best regards,Larry Stoter On 19 Aug 2016, at 07:37, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Larry,I found a workaround.Please download the latest BETA:ThorstenHi Thorsten,Attached are:1. Original image,2. Modified image,3. Screen shot of GC browser (GC Browser 1) AFTER modifying image - preview image, modification date in thumbnails and preview pane has not been updated.4. If I click on a second thumbnail image and then click back on the first thumbnail image, the preview image updates but the modification date still doesn’t update for the thumbnail or for the preview pane -   GC Browser 2.best regards,Larry Stoter