Scanning via Image Capture has extension showing

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Ameeti

Scanning via Image Capture has extension showing

Post by Robert Ameeti »

I used to use Scan to Image Capture and the file extension would not be displayed as part of the file name.Now when I scan, the file name does display the extension in both the GC Browser and in the Finder. Files that were scanned previously did not display the extension. How can I set the default to not include the extension as part of the displayed name? Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866
thorstenlemke

Re: Scanning via Image Capture has extension showing

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Robert,GraphicConverter does normally always display the extension.You can disable the display in the Finder in the Finder settings.Thorsten I used to use Scan to Image Capture and the file extension would not be displayed as part of the file name.Now when I scan, the file name does display the extension in both the GC Browser and in the Finder. Files that were scanned previously did not display the extension. How can I set the default to not include the extension as part of the displayed name?
jeanrozenberg

Re: Scanning via Image Capture has extension showing

Post by jeanrozenberg »

liked your message with Boxer. On 14 septembre 2016 a� 22:46:31 UTC+2, Robert Ameeti robert@ameeti.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   I used to use Scan to Image Capture and the file extension would not be displayed as part of the file name.Now when I scan, the file name does display the extension in both the GC Browser and in the Finder. Files that were scanned previously did not display the extension. How can I set the default to not include the extension as part of the displayed name? Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866